Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Linz's weight gain tips

Maybe I need to change this blog to a Weight Gain blog. That's something I am fairly amazing at these days, something I wouldn't fail at on a regular basis. I could give you all wonderful tips on how to pile on the pounds as this year seems to be my year for it. Sound like a plan?? 2 pounds on last night. To be expected I suppose given:

  1. I ate like a Queen at the weekend.
  2. My diet the past 2 days has consisted of bread, bread and more bread (me and bread aren't really friends - I love it, it is not overly fond of me).
  3. It's that time of the month when crying at The Biggest Loser becomes the norm.
So, I am once again kicked up my rather rotund jacksy and am starting afresh. We still have nothing even resembling a kitchen, so I am off to stock up on fruit and will buy a ready made salad on my way home. I am going to become a hermit once the kitchen is finished so I am no longer tempted by nice food and I am going to run everywhere..... Ok, I lie, being a hermit is not in my nature and I couldn't run if my life depended on it, but I am going to be better, Promise.. 

4 comments:

  1. ah don't be too hard on yourself. You have been uninspired and struggling and just living life, in the whole scheme of things 2lbs is not a lot and easily rectified.

    Get back to planning and only buying good food to take away the temptations.

    Ahhh biggest loser, I sobbed my little face off too, my hubby was laughing at me so your not alone.

    Vics xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linz, I feel your pain at the roller-coastery-ness of dieting, because I'm the queen of it too.

    Couple of thoughts while the kitchen's ripped out - I'm assuming you've still got the kettle, toaster and microwave near to hand? Fear not then, there is much you can do!!!! Couscous is easy-peasy with the kettle and a measuring jug, and livens up salads no trouble. For a quick lean meat fix, grab some cooked chicken breasts, prawns, smoked salmon, mackerel, cooked ham (the thick stuff) - there's loads of pre-cooked options around for protein, or do some eggs in the microwave - you can scramble them, poach them, probably boil them in a jug of hot water too. For veggies, pre-done bag salad as you mention (but I'd stay away from the salads in bowls - they tend to high on fats - REALLY high!), but also micro-wave steamer bags of veggies are great. And very convenient. Jacketed potatoes and sweet potatoes are quick carb fixes, and easy to do in the microwave. Poached eggs on toast? Set the microwave, kettle and toaster up in the living room, or on a table somewhere and get inventive - you can do amazing casseroles (with dumplings!) and burgers and all sorts from scratch in the microwave - seriously! Look up some recipes online and enjoy :o)

    Good luck - I'm sure that 2lbs will be off in no time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there
    you will get it back
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. must be the weather! I'm 2lbs up. My housemate was up 2lbs last week and lost 4 this week. So best thing for us to do is pick ourselves up and get back to the chalk board. Maybe we can lose that 2lb and then some!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!