The photo diary, that is. I've managed about 3 snaps since Friday morning so I may have to try again this week. Had a lovely weekend with my nieces, but I am utterly exhausted now. Hat's off to anyone who has children full time. I am not sure I could do it. Do they ever just sit down??
I have walked a heck of a lot over the weekend as we've been out and about pretty much non stop since they arrived on Friday afternoon. Dinner on Friday was at TGI Friday's - not exactly brimming with healthy choices... but actually, when you have a 3 year old demanding constant attention, well strangely you don't get to eat much.
Saturday we spent the day at Beale Park, so, much walking once again. The weather was amazing, it was lovely to be out and about and the girls seemed to really enjoy themselves. Dinner on Saturday was at a very child friendly pub near us, where we played Scrabble and Jenga and I ate Belly Pork with Black Pudding and Mash... delicious, but once again, I could have had a salad or something a bit more 'Healthy Eating' friendly...
Sunday was yet more walking, a trip to the park, a walk into town and then off to feed the ducks. Lunch, at the request of my eldest niece, was Nando's. So all in all, healthy eating has not really occurred.
I love those kids very much, but, it will be nice to get in from work tonight and collapse on the sofa without anyone needing any attention (except Matt, but I am good at ignoring him). Still, we had a lovely weekend, but the flat will seem very quiet tonight now that they are gone.
I've also very cleverly managed to sprain my ankle again - not as badly as usual, but unfortunately it seems to have had a knock on effect on my knee which is now causing me some discomfort. I'm all strapped up today and hoping it won't stop me from walking this week. I am determined to get back on track. My skin is bad, my hair feels awful and I feel shattered - I really need to start taking care of myself a bit better. I may even try and limit my alcohol intake until we go to France. Wish me luck people, I am seriously going to need it.
Mr Spoon & I are currently on the wagon (no booze) until Easter so you could always join us!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, hope the ankle feels better soon! I'm trying to cut down on the booze at the mo, so will join you on the teetotal wagon.
ReplyDeleteSx
Ouch - poor you. I do find that taking arnica helps recovery from soft tissue damage. But sounds like you need some TLC too!
ReplyDeletePx