Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Another 2 bite the dust...

It was with some trepidation that I stepped on the scales this morning. Having been a bit bleurgh, I've not completely had my eye on the ball all week with regards to SW, plus its that dreaded time of the month when I cry at adverts, but something has clearly gone ok as I've dropped another 2 pounds. Happy dance.

I'm finding myself a lot less hungry - perhaps it's because my breakfasts are slightly better than they were, or perhaps its all in my head, but either way, I am liking it. Yesterday I had fruit and fat free activia yoghurt for breakfast, a roast beef and salad sandwich for lunch and then a massive bolognese last night stuffed full of veg with a little bit of pasta and a sprinkle of reduced fat cheese. Totally delicious food and totally satisfying. It's amazing how much I actually enjoy the 'healthy' stuff I've been making. Matt had been hankering after a Chinese, but I stood firm and he actually said he enjoyed the dinner I'd cooked more than he would have done a takeaway - firm praise indeed from a Chinese addict.

I actually feel a lot more human today too. I'm sounding less like Mariella Frostrup and more like my old self and I managed to sleep fairly well last night. The feeling that someone is standing on my chest constantly has abated somewhat, which is a bit of a winner.

So, plans for the week are - meet friends in London tomorrow after work if I feel 100% better, work from home on Friday and then fly to Madrid for the weekend, spend Saturday and Sunday enjoying the sunshine (36 degrees!), sampling some delicious wine and eating tapas. Bliss.

Fingers crossed I can work some  jamón into my food diary for the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the 2lb loss. Weekend in Madrid sound very nice Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - well done! I'm almost thinking I should swap to SW for a while and give myself a shake-up too! Madrid sounds fab - very jealous - hope the throat is fully cleared up in time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I'm so jealous! Well done you - wish it were working so well for me.

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!