Monday, 25 July 2011

Indulgence

I can't tell you how unhappy I was when the alarm went off this morning, I had a lovely weekend and really didn't want to be back to reality and work this morning. I suppose after all of the sad news over the weekend, I should be grateful for what I have and not be worrying about Monday mornings. Life really is too short.

Friday night ended up a bit of a drunken affair. I met up with my friend Steph in London for a few drinks and Matt and some of his mates ended up gatecrashing. Instead of a quiet few drinks a deux, we ended up as a group of 8 having drinks in the sunshine on Marylebone High Street. Very pleasant. The only downside of the evening was the bill when we went for dinner. I had Asparagus with Poached Egg,  followed by Steak and Chips, 1 glass of wine and a G&T. Imagine my horror when the bill was split and it was £110 each! I am not one usually for squabbling over a bill, but I had to pick myself off the floor at this point. Seems one member of the party (Matt's friends fiancĂ© - who incidentally none of us had met before) had taken it upon himself to order 5 bottles of wine at £135 a pop. Happy days....

Other than that, the evening was very pleasant and it would appear I have set Steph up with Matt's best man - just call me Cilla :)

Saturday was quite a lazy day, lots of water was consumed in a bid to rehydrate after the excesses of Friday. We went for a little walk by the river, watched films and I cooked a delicious Lamb Rogan Josh packed full of Veg. We did finish the evening like this however.....


Seriously, this stuff is dangerous. I don't usually like ice cream, so when Matt wanted to buy it, I had no qualms. Oh my God. It's bloody gorgeous. Thankfully, the pot is very small.... Avoid at all costs if you love ice cream.....

Yesterday, in order to make up for the ice cream, I made a date with some exercise - first  time in months and it almost killed me, I curse myself for losing the fitness it took me months to build up. Still, no point worrying now, I just need to get back on top of it.

We met friends for Sunday lunch at the Hind's Head yesterday afternoon and I partook in a bottle of Apples and Pears Cider. Something about the sun makes me crave Cider. Food was also amazing. Scotch Egg, Devils on Horseback followed by Roast Pork with the most amazing Roast Potatoes.


In fairness, no other food was required for the remainder of the day. Small mercy perhaps.

In other news, it would appear we are definitely getting married next year. The ceremony is now confirmed as is the reception so I have paid a deposit and now I need to get down to the business of finding a dress. Eeeeeekkkkkkkk.


I'm back focussed on SW today - although I did manage to unwittingly use most of my days syns in one go. Note to self - you knew it was too good to be true that Waitrose Macaroni Cheese was only 4 syns - clearly it's the low fat version not the delicious full fat extra cheesy gorgeousness you consumed (still it was 13.5 syns bloody well spent).

So, lets hope not too much damage has been done. My syns seem to suggest I am pretty much on track for the week - but you never know really (and I'm a bit hazy about exactly what I drank on Friday). I guess the scales will be brutally honest with me on Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that ice cream sounds incredible!! I wonder how many points...do I really want to know?

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are obviously a far more generous person than me - I'd have told them to bog off when they split the bill to £125 each!!!! I draw the line when it's much more than £10 more than I owe, unless we're paying for a birthday girl's meal as well - can't imagine your meal came anywhere close to £125!

    That icecream does look amazing though - where did you pick that up from?? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you pay the £110 each? My goodness thats 1 and a half weeks food budget for us!! How cheeky of that person considering you'd never met them before!
    Congrats on setting the date, can't wait to hear all about your plans and of course, the dress!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ladies - Seren to work out points if you so desire...

    Calories 221, Total Fat 12g, (8g SF), Carbs 23g, Protein 3g per 1/3 pot.

    Sue - it's from Waitrose and is on special offer at the moment!

    And Emma - yes I did pay the bill - gulp. I was too much in shock I think! Bad times :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is seriously cheeky - I'd keep an eye out if you go out with them again.

    You never know with scales - you may get away with it! Fingers crossed.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, thanks so much for the nutritional info - am definitely going to have to get some of that!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!