I do not expect good things from WI this week. I had an amazing weekend in Madrid - it was so lovely and sunny and hot. I wish we had better weather in the UK - I'd maybe stay here a bit more often if we did.
Matt had upgraded us to Business Class on the way out as a birthday treat (admittedly my birthday was a month ago, but that's a minor detail) so we got access to the Lounge - i.e. free food and booze, plus afternoon tea on the plane. Seriously, I cannot say no to free food - or booze for that matter. Self control appears to desert me.
So in Spain, I ate a lot of Tapas and drank Sangria, Red Wine and even Beer (I don't ever drink beer at home - something about the sun makes me want to down pints). We walked a lot, but I doubt very much there will be any downward movement on the scales unless you can attribute weight loss to sweating due to extreme heat. Wishful thinking.
A few more photos to bore the pants off you.
Me looking massive in the Plaza do Oriente, really near to our hotel.
In Plaza Mayor enjoying a few beverages.
Meat and Cheese. Amazing.
Chocolate and Churros - so not diet friendly.
I've been refocussed on SW 100% since I got back. Food yesterday was saintly. I've still not managed to get going with any bloody exercise though. Must try harder.
Breakfast - Oat Crisp with Fat Free Activia Yoghurt and a punnet of Blackberries.
Lunch was a Jacket Potato with Beans, Bacon and a massive side salad.
Followed by a massive steak grilled and served with a stir fry for dinner. Veg overload.
Tonight I am off to the cinema to see Bridesmaids with some girlfriends - we are off to Pizza Express for dinner first so I am going to have to go down the Salad route I think (Pizza appears to be the work of the devil).
So, fingers crossed a few days of clean eating will undo any major Tapas related damage. I shall advise accordingly tomorrow.
You may be surprised (and I'll keep fingers crossed for you) - I seem to recall managing to lose weight after a week in Barcelona a few years ago - think it was a combination of a fairly high protein diet and, as you say, walking in the heat.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, looks like you had a fab time, the photos are lovely!
Enjoy Bridesmaids - it's such a good film.
Sx
Fingers and toes crossed for you hun! The dress you have on is gorgeous, where is it from??
ReplyDeleteLex xxx
mmmmm, churros, dribble...
ReplyDeletePx
We just got back from Spain too, fab weather and food, not good for any diet. Sounds like you too had a fab time xx
ReplyDelete