Monday, 18 July 2011

A weekend wedding

Another lovely weekend, which unfortunately tends to lead to excess. We headed off to Plymouth on Friday evening with Matt's best mate to attend the wedding of a mutual friend of theirs on the Saturday.

We were staying with another friend for the weekend - which obviously meant we had  to be sociable on the eve we arrived so headed out for dinner to a Japanese restaurant. I ordered Wasabi Steak - which I presumed would be fairly SW friendly - however the Wasabi was in Mayonnaise form so perhaps not ideal (although it tasted amazing). We then proceeded to drink our way through the cocktail list at the Plymouth Gin Distillery. Clever.

Saturday morning was unfortunately a rainy affair, but we headed off to the wedding with umbrellas in tow. Me and Matt managed to wear matching colours - how sweet :) 


Obviously, the food at the wedding was a bit beyond my control, I indulged in a few mini scones with Jam and Cream while the photos took place washed down with a fair few Pimms. For the Wedding Breakfast, I had a lovely Pea and Mint Soup, followed by Roast Beef with all the trimmings and far too much wine. All in all it was a lovely day so I won't stress too much about the damage I have possibly inflicted.

Back at it yesterday, so hopefully the scales won't hate me too much on Wednesday - although we have cleverly booked a table for the Summer Tasting Menu at our local restaurant tomorrow night. That might not help.....

3 comments:

  1. Awwww - you too look so sweet - and you even colour co-ordinate with your blog too .... very clever ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are few things nicer than a good clotted cream tea!

    Lovely pic.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely! Sounds like a lovely wedding, especially the Pimms xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!