Monday, 17 October 2011

Losing the plot and attempting to refocus

I'm aware I've been quiet, for the most part, that was not down to me struggling really. My eating was going ok mostly last week, I had a sneaky peek at the scales on Thursday morning and they showed me 2 pounds down - all was good with the world.

And then I went to WI. I've not really talked about my Slimming World Class overly - mainly because it's not overly exciting.... but here's the thing, I haven't at all warmed to my leader. I am sure she is nice enough, but at the risk of sounding pretty rude (and I am sure I am about to) - well she is still a larger lady, for some reason I expect leaders to be a shining example of what the diet can do and when you turn up and the leader is bigger than you are - well it kind of deflates you a little. I know, I am wrong to think like this - she has lost weight with SW, but I think I just wanted to turn up and see a success story in front of my eyes - and I did not.

The other trauma from last week is I went to class feeling smug that I'd maybe lost a pound - and their scales showed a gain of 4 pounds. 4 BLOODY POUNDS. Seriously, how can this happen? I didn't stuff my face on Thursday, I did my usual routine or wearing the lightest clothes known to man, not eating or drinking anything after 1pm and I was still 4 pounds up. Utterly deflating.

That totally knocked my confidence. I went out on Thursday night with Matt and some friends for dinner and I refused to eat. I felt sick and bloated - and I'm fairly sure that was all in my head. I just didn't want to eat anything as I couldn't trust myself to make good choices. I felt like a right misery guts. I drank Soda water and sat with a face like a slapped arse for the rest of the night. Good times.

On Friday, I went to the doctors. I had cancelled last week's appointment as I couldn't get out of work. I apparently have some viral thing called  Labyrinthitis - which means I will remain dizzy for the  foreseeable - another thing which lead to Miss Huffy Pants remaining in full force going into the weekend. On a plus note, I'm now a cheap date as drinking is not overly required since I feel drunk most of the time anyway.

Thankfully the weekend was lovely. Matt and I celebrated 4 years together on Friday, we were up in Birmingham so went to a lovely restaurant for dinner and I stuck to SW choices as much as I could. Saturday I was also pretty good. Beans on toast for breakfast, Jacket Potato with Chilli for Lunch and Steak and Salad for dinner - all this whilst watching 2 games of footy in the pub as Matt and his brother got more and more sozzled.

Yesterday we went to see Matt's beloved West Brom against Wolves - thankfully the Baggies won, so despite his mammoth hangover, he was in a good mood. I managed to resist the burgers and Pukka Pies and grabbed a Jacket Potato with beans when we got back to New Street Station.

Last night I cooked another SW friendly curry and a batch of pasta for lunch today. Everything is being tracked - I seriously don't want another fall out with the scales this week.

Oh and tonight I start personal training.... I am scared. Matt went last week and nearly fainted. I dread to think what will happen to me. Gulp. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! No doubt the first few sessions will be an absolute killer but you can do it.

    Hope you feel a bit better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good news you were sick! I've had Labrynthitis (known as Minotaur Disease in our house) you are truly hardcore doing personal training with that! Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!