Friday, 25 November 2011

My name is Linz...

.... and I suck at losing weight.

I seem to have entered some sort of weight gain contest in my head. 1.5 pounds on last night. Totally deserved so I am not going to bang on about it. I'm almost back where I bloody well started. Harumph.

The conversation in my head went like this last night:

Me: No point going and getting weighed, you know you've put on weight.
Me: Just go and get on with it. Face the scales and be done with it.
Me: But I really don't want to go. I will feel demoralised and fat and like a total failure.
Me: Just being an eejit and man up.
Me: But I really don't want to.....
Me: FFS do it!

So I went, got weighed and came home in a huff. My head is just not in the right place for dieting, the exercise bit seems to have clicked thankfully, so at least I am feeling somewhat fitter, if not fatter.

I got up early on Wednesday to do a walk, but ended up just doing shy of 2 miles as the darkness and the fog wasn't really conducive to a leisurely stroll - Nice huh?


My eating I thought had been ok. I made a big vat of Kale, Goats Cheese and Bacon Pasta (I'm drowning under a mountain of Kale) which I've had for lunch most days, breakfasts have mainly been toast or bacon Sarnies and dinners have been random. Clearly, I'm not properly focussed so I need to get back to planning my meals.

So, yet another plan of action (forgive me if I am repetitive). Stop eating crap, stop eating when I am full, start following SW properly and crack on with the exercise. One meal at a time, one day at a time.

Gym is scheduled for tonight and Sunday. We've a night at Pennyhill Park hotel tomorrow which was an engagement present from Matt's best man. We get a 3 course meal included, so I am just going to have to make the best choices I can. Booze will be limited and exercise will occur.

My weight loss journey is like Ground hog day....

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Hopefully I won't be any fatter the next time I write.

5 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Linz. I think we all have to just keep on keeping on at this weight loss thing. It's always a horrible feeling to gain but I'm sure you'll get that off in no time. And it's great that you've got back into the exercise, that's sure to help.

    Have a great week - as you say, one meal at a time.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up! Weight loss is hard and very boring when it comes down to it, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Linz don't be too hard on yourself chick, you'll get there one meal at a time :D

    Enjoy the hotel hun,

    Lex xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!