Thursday, 17 November 2011

Purple and pain

I am missing WI tonight as I don't have time to get there and get back to town to see Sarah Millican. I should probably find another class, but since I've managed to make myself utterly ridiculously busy, we shall assume I won't. I will hop on the scales at home tomorrow so they can berate me in their usual fashion.

I've not made it back to the gym since Monday's torturous session and to be honest, I am struggling to work out when I can fit it in. If I leave work early enough tomorrow, there is a chance I can manage a quick visit... but seriously, how likely is that on a Friday? Perhaps that's not that right attitude.

Another lesson learnt this week - if you drop something behind a chest of drawers, move them to reach it. Don't presume you have Mr. Tickle arms or you will end up in excruciating pain with 2 twisted vertebrae. Thankfully my Osteopath has managed to sort out that little disaster I'd created for myself, although I'm still feeling a little bit on the sore side, I shan't feel too sorry for myself.

My food hasn't been hideous this week, but I've been famished and craving comfort. Shepherd's pie and soups have featured mostly - including this strangely coloured delight.


Red Cabbage Soup. Very easy to make and fairly tasty - Red Cabbage, Onions, Garlic, A couple of Potatoes, Chicken Stock and seasoning. Dry fry the Cabbage, Garlic and Onions, Chuck in Stock and potatoes, simmer til veg is soft. Blend and season. Voila. Oh - and be careful if you are blending this with a hand blender - there is a chance you'll end up with purple all over the walls and yourself. Not clever if you're wearing white.

And finally - a shameless show off as to how clever my little sister is, she clearly gets it from me. 


3 comments:

  1. the cabbage soup sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo thats so lovely, how on earth did she do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake is beyootiful. Actually, the soup is too - I like that colour!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!