So I am back - back to drizzle and grey skies - and hopefully back to some form of sensible eating.
Morocco was most definitely an experience. We stayed in a lovely hotel which we got via Groupon, so it worked out quite good value. We nearly didn't make the flight due to an overheating car - but thankfully Green Flag came to the rescue and transported us there (via recovery truck) just in the nick of time.
So Marrakech - well, our hotel was about 10 minutes away from the centre - or the Medina, so we didn't actually get to see much of the place until Saturday as we had already decided Friday would be a day of 'nowt' i.e. reading, sleeping and a Hamam which was part of our deal.
The Medina was a totally crazy place - like nothing I've ever really experienced before. As soon as we stepped off the shuttle bus, we were besieged by men offering to be our tour guide - warning us of the dangers of 'going it alone' and generally just making a nuisance of themselves. A tad overwhelming. The place is really busy - tourists, snake charmers, beggars, motorcycles carrying families and sheep (yes sheep) and just a general sense of chaos prevails. I loved it - Matt hated it!
We ended up taking a tour bus to get us around and to escape the chaos - it was a good way to see main sights without fearing for our lives on the mental back streets and roads. There is no sense of road safety! Literally there are people hanging off the back of vans and trucks and no one seems to drive with any sense.
The Medina:
Compare this to the relatively tranquillity of our hotel
I'd love to say I ate sensibly - but I didn't overly. In the 4 days we were there we only had lunch once - but that's mainly due to eating too much at breakfast (a buffet is never a winner for me). Dinner was either Tagine or Cous Cous, so nothing too hideous and I did go to the gym, but I feel fatter and somewhat out of control. I'm trying to reign it back in today - but it's not been a resounding success so far.
Anyway, I've Personal Training again tonight, so that will give me the kick I need to refocus I am sure. I shall find out the damage on Thursday I guess.

Linzz, I love you, and your blog!!! puuuuleeeze get rid of the border -- I cannot see!!!1 xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete