Friday, 25 September 2009

Dilemma and food inhalation

My plan this week had been to get up early this morning and go straight to the gym before work. Get it out of the way and all that. Then yesterday I got asked to do some work at 7am this morning - therefore having to shirk from home (ideal on a Friday) so obviously the gym had to go. So, I've booked myself in for another Spin class tonight.

However, I am also booked in for Body Pump first thing tomorrow morning. This is a new class for me at this gym (I used to do it when I lived in Prague) and I am quite looking forward to trying something new. So, my dilemma is, do I still go spinning, possibly knacker myself out completely and miss Body Pump tomorrow, do I give spinning a miss and definitely go to Body Pump - or, do I try and do both?? (Or neither I guess!) I think I am erring towards giving Spin a miss tonight, but I've got all day to change my mind sporadically as per usual.

Yesterday wasn't the best day points wise, my eye was truly off the ball for most of the day. I was armed with soup and some delicious tiger bread (don't buy it, its far too hard to resist). Then I got invited out for lunch with some of the consultants. Hence, my soup was relegated to my desk drawer.... however I had already snaffled down the bread. I did opt for a salad at lunch, but it was somewhat oil laden. Then mid afternoon, I seemed to inadvertantly inhale some quiche that had been helpfully left in the kitchen after a business lunch. Even more mortifying is I forgot I'd even had it until I found pastry crumbs in my bra some hours later. Heck, I am a classy lady. I've just remembered a plum that I also stuffed down my neck - however that could have been worse I guess, at least I avoided the cookies... I think!

Went to my friends for dinner as planned and she had cooked a Lamb Mussaman Curry - eek. Fortunately she had used Sharwood's Thai Mussaman Curry Sauce and lean lamb steaks . That sauce is bloody gorgeous - and only 2.5 points per 1/3 of a jar - seriously you have to try it if you're partial to a bit of Thai. I'm only a few points over for yesterday but I'm annoyed at my slight lapse in self control. This weekend is going to be testing since our fridge freezer has gone off again. That means raiding the cupboards which could see a weekend of Fray Bentos Pies and Baked Beans. Nice.

I'm also suffering a bit with my ankle, its still not completely right after the torn ankle ligament incident back in April so I'll have to be a bit careful once I decide what sort of ass movement I am going to attempt later. I've been awake since 4am so it's possible an afternoon snooze could also see it's way into my day.... The joys of working from home!

2 comments:

  1. It's like reading my own blog, except I didn't write it lol. We'll not mention the KFC last night, right? Although it was only small everything - phew!!!

    I'd say do something gentle this afternoon / evening, but do something, and then enjoy Pump tomorrow - two birds - one stone! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I inhale food all the time. There have been several occasions when i can't remember eating food until i find the evidence somewhere on my clothes...grease from a buger down my shirt or jam from a doughnut on my jeans!

    Good luck for this week!

    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!