Monday, 28 September 2009

Slightly improved

Yesterday was a bit of a better day. Got up early and attacked the flat as it was in danger of being shutdown by the Council on Health and Safety grounds. Slightly pointless exercise given we're having a new bathroom fitted on Thursday so I'll be living in hell for a few weeks, but I felt better for it all the same.

Played an hour of tennis and I can really see an improvement in my fitness. I at least try and run for the ball now... :) I actually really enjoyed it, plus the sun was shining so it was definitely preferable to the gym.

We're still struggling on the food front without a fridge freezer, we're now at the stage where it fuses all of the electrics in the flat when its turned on. Great functionality. Fortunately now its in danger of killing us in our beds, Comet have agreed to send someone out to look at it, but we're still living on an as and when basis until then. Most frustrating.

Since it was sunny last night we 'had' to go out. Met my best mate and her OH at the pub for dinner and found ourselves taking part in a pub quiz. I didn't realise how competitive I was! We didn't win, but it was good fun all the same. I managed to come in under points depsite hitting the Vodka and a ather random dinner of Bombay Mix and Potato Croquettes - don't ask. Go me.

I have to work from home on Wednesday so I won't get to my usual weigh in. I'm going to try and find another class on Tuesday or Thursday if I can - or resort to a weigh in at Boots. I am not expecting good things, but if I don't weigh in at all, I am liable to go slightly off the rails and given the start to the week, I don't think that will take a lot of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!