I am in full on holiday mode, loads of work to do, but completely zero motivation to get on and do it! Any excuse really to be a lazy wotsit. My last day in the office today until the 22nd September. Get the heck in. I am working tomorrow, but I'll be sherking from home... sorry working :)
Last night I had to pop back to my old flat to meet my new tenants and sort out some stuff with the other flat owners. A nice 90 mile round trip on a Wednesday night in a monsoon. Seriously - what is going on with the weather?? I find myself agreeing to be £300 lighter this month in the name of giving the communal areas a face lift. Given my new tenant is a massive Wasps playing rugby type - might not be a bad idea to keep him happy!
Whilst I was over that way I went for a quick slimline tonic with friends - My last drink with Nina as a single girl before she gets wed on Saturday. I am likely to blub like a baby. So in the end I didn't get home til gone 9pm - by which point I had snaffled a Tesco Cheese Twist. Work of the devil. Bloody gorgeous but 8 points or so leaving me zero points for my delicious slow cooked pork. Stupid girl.
If you have a slow cooker - you HAVE to cook a joint of meat in one. It literally melts. The last time I tried to cook pork it was as tough as old boots and drier than a mouthful of sawdust. Chopped up some onions, threw in a bit of stock and popped the meat on top. Hey presto, meat that falls off the bone and a delicious basis for a gravy. I am such a domestic goddess at times. I am counting down the minutes until lunch - hot pork and stuffing sarnie and gravy. Get in.
I attempted to pack for the US last night, but I was struggling really. Not had a 2 week holiday for ages so I clearly have overpacked to mammoth proportions (I am using the word mammoth a lot these days. Odd) Tonight will be stage 2 of packing - i.e. repacking and removing approximately half of what I have in the case already.
I've planned dinner so hopefully I can come in under points today. I think the plan for holiday is maintenance - so that means around 6 points more than normal a day? Obviously I won't aim to eat all of those, but its good to have a rough idea.
Oh and an NSV - I'm into a size smaller in my jeans. Whoop!
Bonza!! That's ace on the jeans!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously - buy a pretty notebook and take it and a pen on hols. No need to not eat the nice stuff, but knowing what you've had to eat, even if you don't know the points is a life-saver - it keeps you sane and gives you somewhere to jot down your thoughts for the day - try it!!
Have a fab time Linz n don't lose your shirt in Vegas! xx
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies. Good plan on the notebook, I will buy one definitely.
ReplyDeleteIt will be a major achievement for me if I manage to stay in control!
x