Friday, 4 September 2009

If we took a holiday, took some time to celebrate....

16 whole days off work. I am overcome with excitement! Technically I am working today - I had a 630am start so by my reckoning I am almost done. In reality, I've patched a system, made a bacon sarnie and repacked my bag for approximately the 16th time. I now need a little lie down. I've been bounding around like Tigger since 6am and it's taken it's toll.

First we fly up to Newcastle for the wedding of one of my best friends. Really looking forward to that tomorrow. Slightly concerned that I am going to freeze given she is getting married in Cullercoats which is by the sea near Newcastle. Might need to do a last minute dash to buy some form of cardigan or wrap, I'm not sure blue is a colour that works on me, especially when it's the colour of my skin.

Then we have a pretty awful journey on Sunday, 730am flight from Newcastle to Heathrow, 3 hours to get our bags and check back in and then a 12 hour flight to San Francisco - all this on very little sleep and possibly with a large hangover. I'm glad I am slightly smaller than I was so the flight shouldn't be as hideous as when we went to New York in November.

San Fran, LA and Vegas are our major destinations, with a few other stops on the way. Trips to Alcatraz, Universal Studios and the Grand Canyon are booked as are a couple of Cirque Du Soliel shows. I cannot wait :)

I've taken the advice of Starfish (Thanks Sue!) and got myself a notebook to try and keep on top of my food intake. If I come back reporting a large gain, I'll be needing a huge backside kick to get me back on track.. get your kicking boots polished just in case.

Right, I'm off to do the 17th repack of my bag.

4 comments:

  1. Whoop! You will learn to love your notebook I promise you! :O)

    I'm am sooooooooo jealous of your trip. Like massively, majorly jealous! If I knew where you lived you might open your suitcase and find me hiding in there as a stowaway!

    Have an amazing time, and don't let food / weight concerns overshadow the trip - it's all about the enjoyment! My kicking boots will be ready, just in case, for your return, but I'm sure I won't need them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful holiday! I'm also very jealous. One of my dreams is to drive down the Pacific coast highway from SF to LA, stopping off wherever en route.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely time and don't worry too much about the backside, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya hunny. This is just a little message to let you know that I've awarded you a 'one lovely blog award'. See my link http://twinklestrek.blogspot.com/2009/09/absent-wi-wk-33bootsale-bargains-and.html
    Karon xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!