Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Game tasting

As I briefly mentioned last night (after the shock of my WI) we went for yet another Tasting Menu. This time, not so fancy, but to celebrate 'Game Season' at our local pub. The menu was lovely, but the portions were fairly huge so I was pretty full after the second course. I am not sure our local quite has the hang of a Tasting Menu.


So, I am with renewed enthusiasm today, it's not long til Christmas and I really want to lose another half a stone at least by then. I'm going to do a few photos of my food this week to try and keep me on the straight and narrow, please bear with me. 

Firstly, a thanks to Lexie for recommending Aldi's Fruity Porridge. I bought both flavours the other night (Raisin and Cranberry or Sultana and Apricot) The Raisin and Cranberry is definitely my favourite as it has a lovely cinnamon taste, but they are both really tasty. 3.5 points.


As we were out late last night, I didn't have time to prepare lunch today which is always a bit of a concern. I went to our local sandwich bar and bought a Mozzarella, Avocado and Tomato Toasted Sandwich served on Tomato Ciabatta with pesto. This was totally amazing. I estimate around 10 points.

Mid afternoon I had the Olives (3.5 points) from my Graze box. Use code N4D9KJ1A if you want to try a box for free. (Disclaimer: I get £1 off if you do use this)



Dinner was home made pork lasagne (7) with salad. I'm trying to make do with just my weekly Veg box and whatever we have in the freezer and cupboards at the moment - hence the pork. Delicious


We got some Mixed Bean Sprouts in our Abel and Cole box last week, I am not overly sure about these, but I've read that they are really good for you. I found a recipe to make Hummous with them and they are definitely a lot more palatable like this. Any other ideas what to do with them? I have a lot!



So far so good. We are off to Edinburgh for the weekend, so I need to get a few good days under my belt before I do any weekend damage. 

4 comments:

  1. Well done on loss this week! Your menu today looked fab, as always! Glad to hear you are visiting bonnie scotland this weekend, edinburgh is great, grassmarket has great pubs, have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the porridge Linz :) I've got a box of the Apricot one waiting to be opened, but I like the other one far too much! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stir fry your sprouts - with chilli, garlic, soy, ginger, 5 spice etc. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!