Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Am I doing ok??

The end of this week's food photos. I think the week has gone ok-ish, but having given up the ghost with WW, I definitely need to find some other way of tracking. I may try myfitness pal, as presently, I have absolutely no idea whether I am eating too much. I need to buy some new scales as my fancy WW ones have had me at 3 stone lighter for the past few months - whilst I like the numbers I see, it's not overly handy. 

Breakfast yesterday was grapes and strawberries with a big glass of water. Plus numerous teas and coffees throughout the morning. My intake of fluid is causing me sleepless nights as I seem to be getting up at least twice to use the loo! Perhaps I need to stop drinking after 6pm.


We had a team lunch yesterday at a local pub, so I opted for a Hot Roast Beef Sarnie with side salad (surely there should have been gravy - or is that the Northern in me??) I am trying to eat less bread - so this was a bit of a fail.


I made up for the lack of gravy with dinner last night. Lamb steak with a kind of bubble and squeak - courgettes, leeks, cabbage, carrot and mashed potato and an Aunt Bessies Yorkshire Pud - with loads of Bisto. Yum. This is definitely a good way for me to get loads of Veg in, as I tend to find a big plate of cabbage somewhat off-putting.


It'd be good to hear your thoughts on how you think this week has gone for me, as I really don't feel like I've eaten too much, but then I wouldn't since I am a right greedy cow :) I am not sure if I am still chuffing far too much down my neck or if the balance is ok. It's hard when you've spent the last 10 or so years of your life following one diet plan or another to suddenly try and go it alone.

I have to say, I feel liberated now that I am no longer following WW and definitely a bit more in control - most bizarre. I cancelled my Monthly Pass yesterday (well I say I did, they don't make that an easy process at all) so I still have access to the online stuff for a while, but I am looking into Slimming World as another option. I know I definitely need some sort plan to stop me from stuffing my face with crisps and cider. Perhaps my fitness pal will do for a while. Currently I have no clue what I weigh, so perhaps buying some scales should be my first stop.

I'd be interested to hear from any Slimming Worlders out there if you find the plan easy to follow... I was flummoxed when I read some of the online stuff!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linz, that looks oksy to me- in fact I see no snacks or sneaky chocolate so I'd say you're probably eating a little less than you need, which might be why you're getting up in the night to go to the loo (thats how your body gets rid of the fat you've burned, through your wee sorry if TMI!)

    I am an advocate of SW, WW never really worked for me but SW ALWAYS works. However like any other diet it restricts you and you end up going off the rails at some point. And alcohol is MAJOR syns!! Why not trust your judgement for a while? I know I've said this before but a meeting with a Dietician will really help you to trust your choices again.
    If you do want a breakdwon of how SW works I'm only too happy to oblige- infact I may put it in my blog tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ from WW boards30 March 2011 at 23:00

    "I definitely need to find some other way of tracking."

    Why some other way?

    The trouble is that no matter how you "track", whether it's Slimming World, Calorie counting or back to WW the only way you will lose weight long term is to stick to it and KEEP TRACKING! You will never lose weight unless you keep at it, so how much do you WANT to lose your weight? If you really want it that badly then WW really is one of the best plans there is, normal food, normal drinks, nothing is forbidden, great!

    Simple fact of life, you simply can't enjoy ALL the food and drink you like and not restrict it in some way over the course of a week.
    So the fact you want to change to another plan will not make it any easier, you can't eat and drink more just because you Calorie count or follow SW.

    I chose WW, I enjoy my food and booze still. I stick to my points, I lose weight. I am now over 150lb lighter than I was in 2004, that's because I have made sacrifices which is what you have to do too.

    I love reading your blog but time and time again I read how you enjoy eating out so much, if you do want the weight loss that has to change, maybe make it a once every two weeks treat, or start to go somewhere like Wetherspoons, OK it's not the gourmet food you like but you can easily point or calorie count all their food from the website. I go there all the time simply because I want to know how many Points I am eating.

    Tough choices, tracking, weight loss and good health or keep as you are, enjoy your food and be no lighter in a year's time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree that you cant eat out and lose weight - I think they are definitely compatible. You just have to make the right choices, eat small portions, and offset it with the food you eat/exercise you do that day.

    I am currently taking a break from dieting too because I am beginning to think they just don't work, long term. I'd rather lose 1 pound a month for a long time and keep it off forever, than lose it quickly and gain it back (which has been my history).

    I think seeing a dietician is a great idea - I am currently following some guidelines and trying to eat well (and after 16 years of diets, I do know how to eat well), but not getting obsessional about weighing all my portions, strictly calorie counting. I do agree that SW is not going to be any different to WW in the long run. I always get a burst of enthusiasm when I start a new diet, so I can understand you wanting a change, but again, I don't know sustainable that is.

    Anyway, whatever you end up deciding is right for you, good luck, and I look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it totally depends on the dietician - I saw one once who solemnly listened to everything I said and then whose sole contribution was: "Vitamin tablets have calories you know". Gee, thanks, that ought to do it!

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!