Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Catch up

I seem to keep going AWOL. I'm kind of doing ok on the food front, although I missed Weigh in last night again due to work. That's 2 weeks now, which is clearly not ideal. I shall be hotfooting it to Boots today to try and assess if there has been too much damage.

Had a lovely weekend at a Spa with a couple of friends. We got an amazing deal with a hotel near Ascot - so not too far for any of us to travel. Overnight accomodation, 1 treatment in the Spa, 3 course meal and full English Breakfast for £79 each! It'd be rude not to. Was lovely to spend all day lazing about in the outdoor jacuzzi and catching up with the girls. The food was amazing, so I clearly ate and drank too much, but on the plus side, after breakfast on the Sunday, I didn't eat for the rest of the day. I cannot resist a Full English.

In other news, we now have a usable kitchen. Woopdeedoo! We have a few bits still to get, the glass splash backs need to be fitted and we are missing a cupboard door, but its decorated and usable so I now have no more excuses for existing on a diet of Pot Noodles and Takeaways. I am almost afraid to use it - the ovens have so many fancy options, they confuse me and the wooden worktops look pristine, I am scared of marking them. Maybe it will forever be a show kitchen?? (I am joking of course, we practically had to remortgage to pay for it, so I had better use the bloody thing)

In an attempt to kick me back onto the straight and narrow, I am going to do another food diary this week. Photos will follow as I attempt to get back into the swing of cooking again. It's only 5 weeks til our holiday to France, where I anticipate I will gain a few pounds, so I at least need to lose them before that.

4 comments:

  1. ohh that weekend away sounded perfect, it's good to relax and unwind. Your kitchen sounds amazing, very jealous!
    Have a good week hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to go there! Good luck on getting back into the swing of things, I think I'm getting there. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least there are good elements of a Full English (not least because it makes you, er, full) - my breakfast of choice would be pancakes every time. Or waffles. You see the difference there?!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeay! I love your food diaries!

    Spa sounds amazing...

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!