Monday, 7 March 2011

Quick catch up

A period of silence usually denotes a period of being off the rails, but fear not dear Readers, I am actually doing ok. Well as ok as can be expected with my lack of cooking options. We still just have a kettle - not very clever on my behalf getting rid of the toaster and the microwave - with hindsight....  Thanks for all your ideas on my last post however, I have managed to move on from dreaded Pot Noodles. Cous cous is now my friend...

In other news - me and exercise are reacquainted - it's been a prolonged period of avoiding each other, but we are talking things slowly and seeing how things pan out. I'd hate to rush this fragile relationship at this early stage. I was up at 6am on Thursday to do a quick 3 mile walk before work (read quick as 45 mins - not overly speedy). I am so unfit its criminal. Saturday I did a shorter 2 miles - I've downloaded a new App on my iPhone which tracks walking (SprintGPS I think it's called - does Running and Cycling too). It calculates your distance, calories burned and maps where you have walked. Quite handy for tracking my progress as I attempt to get back into the swing of things. Not my fastest ever, but it got the heart rate up and I even managed to run for about 200 yards. Check me out.


Saturday then deteriorated and was a fairly alcoholic affair. I met the girls for lunch at an Italian Restaurant in Richmond and we drank a fair amount. I made decent choices with my food (I think) but having met the girls at 1pm, I then went to meet Matt to attend a house party and rolled home at 1am. 12 hours of alcohol led to a fairly unproductive day yesterday. I was up early and did the hill of hell a few times, but it was bloody hard work. Exercising with a hangover and after not a lot of sleep is painful. 


After a quick lunch out, I spent the rest of the day surgically attached to the sofa admiring the vast amounts of dust all over the flat and the large saw currently gracing our living room floor. Pretty huh?


Let's hope we have some form of cooking facilities when I get home - or at least a fridge. I am a little bit sick of hanging the milk out of the window over night. I fear some crazy calcium loving squirrel will attack me in it's quest for my skimmed. 

No WI tomorrow as I've a work night out. I shall attempt to get weighed elsewhere to make sure I am not still on track for the Biggest Porker competition.

And that's about it from me. If you are feeling a little bit gloomy on this Monday - read this. It's had me in absolute stitches today. I literally cannot breathe from laughing so much. Maybe I need more sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention the autocorrect thing- I literally had tears rolling down my face this afternoon reading them! So funny!

    Well done on the exercise front, that hill looks killer!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh the hill of death looks incredibly scary - have you ever walked up the Glastonbury Tor? I swear i collapsed hyperventilating at the top whilst tremendously and scarily fit OAPs walked over me. Not a good look I can tell you!

    Good luck for your weigh-in when you find somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, I just laughed all my mascara off - they're hilarious. I actually had to spit my tea back into the mug for fear of spraying it all over my desk.

    You've also made me seriously want an iphone. And I cannot afford £35 pcm - argghhhh.

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!