Thursday, 10 March 2011

Things I learnt yesterday - part 2

  1. Drinking sambucca shots on a school night (a tuesday at that) is not clever
  2. I cannot exist on 2 hours sleep
  3. Being hungover and tired leads to a day of junk food
So, a work night out on a Tuesday  - Genius idea. Why can I never say no when someone suggests shots? Much Wine, Mango beer and Sambucca were consumed along with Parma Ham wrapped Halloumi (2 of my favourite things ever, together - how could I resist)  and a pepperoni pizza at our local Micro Brewery. I was home at a fairly reasonable hour, but then proceeded to flood the bathroom thanks to a(nother) dodgy toilet which wouldn't stop flushing and therefore got to bed at 1am, was up again at 3am to try and stop the flow of water and didn't get back to bed. Unfortunately I had no awareness of the location of our stopcock, so in my somewhat inebriated state, it seemed the only option was to use towels and a lack of common sense to avert disaster. (Don't ever use Dolphin Bathrooms - after 14 months, both of our toilets have packed up, the extractor fan has stopped working and they refuse to help. Grrrrr) 

Yesterday was a total write off. I called an emergency plumber who couldn't make it til 1pm (some emergency), so came into work only to be called almost immediately to say the plumber was on his way - back home I went. I felt ill due to lack of sleep and could barely function, but still had to get a fair bit of work done. We've still no usable kitchen and now a broken toilet, I feel like I am living in a squat at the moment. Ah well, worse things happen at sea.

In summary - food yesterday was:
  • Greggs Steak Bake
  • McDonalds 1/4 pounder meal
  • Chinese Take away - shared - beef curry, sweet and sour chicken balls and boiled rice
How healthy does that little lot look? I feel sick looking at it.

A very early night last night and I am feeling back in a bit of control. Fruit for breakfast, Tuna bagel for lunch and not sure what dinner will be - no takeaway though, I've exhausted them all.

7 comments:

  1. Oh boooo - that sounds like a rubbish day ... although I could probably murder both the 1/4 pounder meal and the takeaway .... mmmm, proper dirty food - I haven't had it for so long, so i still don't know what my excuse is for no weight loss! lol. Ah well - back to it, missus, and may your kitchen and bathroom be restored to you soon in full working order! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write that day off and forget about the food. Sounds like you did what you had to do to survive the day. And hey you musta burnt a load of calories being awake and running around with towels all night so.... every cloud..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, don't fancy the Greggs but could easily scarf the rest - vERY happily.

    Poor you - usually 'toilet troubles' is a euphemism but not in this case!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, sounds like you're going through the mill a bit domestically speaking. Don't worry, fresh start today and all that! And just think of how much you will appreciate all that lovely home cooked food when you finally get your kitchen back!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like another day out of a Meg Ryan movie :-)

    Hope everything´s in working order soon.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. not rubbish
    sounds like a fab day to me hehe

    Seriously though, Hope youre well and getting there x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've all ben there - it sounds relatively restrained all things considered, now I'm old I get a 3 day hangover and use that as an excuse to eat stodge all week. Anyway I hope that you now have a new kitchen and bathroom and a loss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!