One day back on track - so far so good. I have to confess that I didn't go to the gym last night as I'd planned because I was barely capable of movement as the day progressed. Maybe a bit of exercise would have helped loosen things up a bit, I'm clearly not there yet in terms of embracing my old friend Gym, but I will definitely get myself there tomorrow and at the weekend. Promise.
Breakfast yesterday was mixed Raspberries and Strawberries with an Activia Fruit Layer Yoghurt. I'm not usually a fan of sweet breakfasts, but since I am trying to stay off the bread, I struggle to come up with alternatives I can have at my desk. Fairly filling all the same.
Lunch was a Salad of Baby Gem, Carrot, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes and some sort of Bean Sprouts that came in my Veg Box with left over Roast Chicken and some Light Salad Cream.
Dinner last night was a taste sensation... I was inspired by a Nasi Goreng Recipe I saw on Mrs. M's blog. Clearly mine is nothing like that, but I got it into my head I fancied some form of curried rice/prawn/veg affair. So this is dry fried Mushrooms, Onions, Courgettes and Kale stir fried with Brown Rice, King Prawns and some Mayflower Curry Paste and a bit of water. Proper delicious. I could have eaten twice this amount but controlling the old portion sizes is something I'm also trying to sort. I followed this with a banana microwaved with a teaspoon of nutella (I nearly had toast until I remembered my bread ban). Lovely!
So far today I've had the same breakfast as yesterday and left over Prawn Rice concoction for lunch. Not sure what dinner will be as I am visiting a friend straight from work, but that's the only thing I'm not in control of this week.
I might even treat myself to some dried strawberries and banana from my Graze Box. Do you think my halo is shining quite brightly?
Boiled eggs (if you like eggs) or cooked ham/bacon might be good as a portable brekkie? The strawberries looked yum though!
ReplyDeleteP.S. And yes your halo is blinding me from here :-)
ReplyDeleteCereal? Porridge? Yoghurt and (homemade) granola? I'm trying to think of non-bread breakfasts that can be done at work. Is it worth getting up a tiny bit earlier a couple of days a week so you can eat breakfast at home instead? I'm biased but I can't leave the house with breakfast in the morning!
ReplyDelete