Monday, 6 June 2011

Miserable Monday

I'd love it if we actually got more than one day at a time that vaguely resembled summer. I was all set for a lazy weekend on  the new 'love sofa' in the garden, enjoying the sunshine (which I am fairly sure we were promised), but it wasn't overly to be.

Food has been ok really. Saturday for brunch (Matt rarely gets up before 11am on a weekend) I made Bubble and Squeak (Mash, Kale, Onions, Carrot & Cabbage) with dry fried egg, grilled bacon and mushrooms. Delicious and very filling. This kept me going for a good few hours.


All of a sudden on Saturday evening - we were greeted with this sign - Sun. A rarity at the moment. Off came the cover from the sofa and the BBQ and I jumped outside to make the most of it.


I had a couple of these (I told you the Sun makes me want to drink Cider):


Followed by this - Tesco Finest Lamb and Mint Burger (in bread - I couldn't resist it any longer), Tesco Finest Caramelised Onion Sausage, a few Potato Wedges, Reduced Fat Coleslaw and some pickled onions. 


Delicious. 

Yesterday, I had a couple of left over sausages for breakfast and then Curry mid afternoon - none of which I pictured! All within my calorie allowance for the day, however.

Today I am feeling really achy. I went to the gym, once again despite my protestations, and did 22 minutes on the Cross Trainer - I've found listening to my own music definitely helps with this. After 3 minutes I was feeling like I had lead legs and ready to give up, but once a bit of Flo Rida kicked in, I was off. This was followed up with 10 minutes furious peddling on the bike and then some leg and arm weights. I actually cannot move my arms very freely today - that has to be a good sign right? I'm still nowhere near the level of fitness I had when I was spinning on a weekly basis, but I am trying to get back there.

Have a fair few things on this week. Tomorrow I'm off to visit a friend after work and then Thursday, me and Matt are off out for dinner. Friday is my birthday and we fly to Tenerife for a week at our friends Villa with my ENTIRE family. Gulp. More on that later... 

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm cider!
    I must say your food looks very yummy. I'm afraid I score nul points for presentation so tend to put myself off my own food. I'm not the greatest cook in the world!
    Are you using LoseIt? I've heard a lot of good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!