Thursday, 23 June 2011

Slimming World - we could be friends

So far, so good. I actually like this plan because it really encourages me to make much better, more healthy choices. I've decided to stick to the Extra Easy days for the foreseeable as it just seems a little bit easier to follow. I like the fact some food is not restricted, last night I felt hungry when I got in from work - with WW, I would have had a packet of crisps, if I had the points, or a WW bar... with SW, I chose to eat a handful of prawns. Bizarre choice maybe, but slightly better for me than manufactured rubbish. We also went to the pub and I drank Diet Coke. I didn't want to waste any Syns on a glass of wine (but bizarrely with WW, I would have had no problem using some points - maybe the fact they are called Syns is playing on my mind!).

Of course, it's very early days. I'm only on day 3, so there is time for me to eff this up. I've discovered with SW that alcohol, sugar and flour are the work of evil - which is good really as I'd be prone to have a few glasses of wine of an evening and I was eating a lot of bread. Sugar doesn't really fuss me, I can leave chocolate for weeks untouched, but show me a loaf of bread and butter and I'm in heaven.

Yesterday, food was good. Cereal for breakfast with Blueberries, Apricots and a Clementine - I had this with Fat Free Natural Yoghurt to cleverly save my Healthy Extra Choice A for later on.

Lunch was a massive salad with roast beef and a teaspoon of mustard (1/2 syn) mixed with vinegar and 2 mini babybel lights (my A choice) For dinner, a huge juicy steak (all fat removed of course) served with Leeks, Mushrooms, Onions and Spinach all simmered in Stock. Matt had his with SW friendly chips (just potato baked in the oven with Spray oil and Seasoning) but I was full with just the Steak and Veg.

Today is shaping up to be ok too. A Bacon & Tomato sandwich on wholemeal bread for breakfast (B choice for the bread) - the cereal was not something I could face this morning. Snacks of Blueberries and Clementines. For lunch I've made a massive Fritatta of Leeks, Onions, Spinach, Potatoes and Mushrooms made with 3 Eggs and cooked with spray oil.

Tonight we are using a Groupon Voucher at a local restaurant where we get a 3 course meal - I am almost loathe to go out given it's so early in my diet week, but the voucher expires soon and Matt is away pretty much all of next week. I've checked the menu and I am opting for Salmon Gravadlax followed by Bavette of Beef (this comes with chips, so I will have to either see if they can be swapped for a salad or Syn them) and then the dessert is proving problematic. I may just skip it altogether.

I'm working from home tomorrow, breakfast will be bacon, eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms and lunch will be a jacket potato with beans and a massive salad. Tomorrow night I am embarking on a 5 hour train journey to Hull. I've planned to have my Sweet Onion Ryvita and Dairlylea light (5 of them!) for the journey (A&B choices) as I know I will want to snack and I don't arrive Ooop North til 2130. My friend is ordering Chinese for my arrival. Boiled Rice is Free and Chicken and Mushrooms is 5.5 syns - that's my day sorted. I might even have a cheeky glass of wine. Obviously the rest of the weekend is a bit of a black hole - but I am hopeful I can make decent choices!

So, watch this space...

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Linz, sounds like you're all over this. I think it's true what they say sometimes - "a change is as good as a rest" - you can focus on something new and interesting rather than trawling along with something that you've gotten frustrated with. I have to admit to being a little curious about Slimming World, but having gotten so far with WW's I'm loathe to chance something new that might not work for me.

    Will look forward to hearing how it goes over the next few weeks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, all sounds good to me! The fact that you're less willing to spend your Syns on a glass of wine than points made me smile...Syn is quite an evocative choice of word, isn't it?

    I think it is definitely a good thing to have a diet that steers you away from processed convenience options - something WW is not that good at doing.

    Keep up the good work!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mate has been on SW since January and she has lost over 3 stone and looks amazing, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound focused and motivated
    good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like SW is clicking with you Linz :) I'm now craving a bacon sandwich though!!! Grrrr!

    Have fun up here in the north xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!