Monday, 4 July 2011

Weekend shenanigans

The weekend has been a bit hit and miss with regards to SW, I'm finding it a bit easier to make better choices, but I'm still feeling under the weather (oh hello Bronchitis, you are such fun) so I've been fairly lazy in regards to cooking. I must try harder.

I've had a lovely weekend. Take That on Friday were amazing - I screamed a lot, which possibly contributed to me sounding like a man all weekend. Food options at Wembley are useless and they don't allow you to take your own food in, so that was really good, I had a hot dog, minus the bun.... Not overly tasty or satisfying, but the best I could come up with. The only downside of the night was it took us 1.5 hours to get away from Wembley, so I didn't get to bed til 2am. Bad times.

On Saturday, one of my best friends arrived from Liverpool so we spent a lovely day in the sunshine catching up, drank a few ciders and then met some other friends for dinner. I had a delicious Steak (a few frites) and the world was a happy place.

Yesterday, I had completely lost my voice, so talking was a bit of a struggle, but me and Deb's met our other friends for Sunday lunch in Windsor. A delicious Roast Beef (along with Yorkshire Pudding and Cauliflower Cheese, awesome but not SW friendly) and a couple of spoonfuls of pana cotta were consumed. Deb's then set off for Liverpool and I came home and snoozed.

I was in bed for 9pm last night and slept 9 hours and I still feel rubbish! I've got a half day today, so I am off into London with my best friend this afternoon for a spot of pampering. Hopefully that, coupled with the copious amounts of fruit and veg I am forcing down my neck will make me feel a little but more human tomorrow. I've been under the weather for a week now and it's becoming very blooming tedious.

2 comments:

  1. Am sooo jealous that you got to see Take That. But agree that the food options at Wembley are pants (I haven't been for years but I don't suppose they've improved at all). It doesn't sound like you've strayed too far from the SW path of righteousness :)) so fingers crossed.

    Hope you feel better soon. I don't think this horrible close, humid weather helps any. I just want to lie down under a big fan!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon Linz. Fingers crossed for SW this week.

    Lex xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!