Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Learning

Hello Tuesday, how are you all? I'm good, slightly tired today, but mainly due to the evil that is Personal Training last night. In other news, I've had an enlightening few days. A summary of my learning shall follow:

  1. I should not drink a lot of Cava/Prosecco on an empty stomach as I will be up at 430am on Saturday morning feeling like death warmed up. Saturday will mostly be a write off.
  2. I should not park my car under a tree as birds will use it as a litter tray and I will not be happy. 2 car washes will not be able to remove the crap.
  3. My fiancĂ© is devious. He knew on Friday afternoon he would need to work on Sunday, but he kept his mouth shut until an hour before we were due to leave the house and meet my parents in Milton Keynes. Thus, annoying me immensely, but limiting the amount of time I had to be annoyed at him. Clever.
  4. Sat Nav cannot be trusted - if I blindly follow it to get to Milton Keynes, I will end up in the middle of a field on a dirt track which will eventually run out. Choosing the 'shortest' route is therefore not the best idea.
  5. Performing a 3 point turn on a dirt track in a muddy field is quite difficult.
  6. I will drive to Milton Keynes for lunch - to discover that everyone had a big breakfast and no one is eating, therefore I will have spent 1.5 hours driving to have a pint of Lime and Soda.
  7. I should never tell my Personal Trainer that I am tired in the hope he will take it easy on me or even better still, cancel the session so I can go home for a nap. Instead, he will work me harder than ever before so I am sweating so much I cannot see due to sweat pouring into my eyes.
  8. The day after Personal Training will forever be painful and I will spend most of the day groaning when trying to get out of my seat.

I think that about covers it. 

My eating is still a bit on the suspect side, yesterday I had a sterling SW day and then snarfed 2 packets of Love Hearts before I went to the gym - why do I do this? I then got home from PT and was ravenous so I ate a bit of Game Pie that I've been ignoring on the fridge and a slice of bread. Today should be better, but it's definitely very much a case of one meal a time at the moment. On a positive note though, I am starting to feel fitter. 

So, this week looks mental:
  • Tomorrow night, visit the Osteopath and then pop in to see my half child (I didn't make it at the weekend due to alcohol consumption). 
  • Thursday night, dinner out with Matt and then we have tickets for Sarah Millican.
  • Friday night, I am out in Windsor with the girls.
  • Saturday I fly to Newcastle for the day to meet my wedding dress designer (she's normally based in Cheltenham which is obviously a bit handier) - I couldn't risk staying  the weekend at my parents in case aforementioned half child had not yet been born.
  • Sunday meet a friend and go for a massage and then lunch 
  • Monday - then it's PT again.

I am exhausted just thinking about it. 

3 comments:

  1. Definitely some important life lessons there! Especially the one about the PT - which I shall bear in mind in the extremely unlikely event I get myself one of those.

    Sounds like a busy week - but soooo exciting to meet the wedding dress designer. Have fun!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wedding dress talk - looking forward to hearing more about that!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy weekend! I feel exhausted reading it! Have a fab time, especially meeting your dress designer! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!