Tuesday, 8 May 2012

run fat girl, run.

I have a confession.

My name is Linz and on Saturday, I ran. I ran for 6 whole minutes. To most people, I realise this is not earth shattering, but bearing in mind my previous record was 30 seconds, I am very proud.

I was so not feeling the love for the gym on Saturday. I only agreed to go to shut Matt up. I got there in a huff, put on my headphones and thought I'd have a little stomp on the treadmill and head home. Something strange happened. Once I was listening to my music, I kind of forgot where I was and it just seemed appropriate to run. Very odd. I felt like a normal person, I felt like I could run instead of that ridiculous speed walking I've been used to. Let's hope it wasn't a one off.

I am supposed to have PT tonight, but I've been up most of the night with some very strange chest goings on. During the night, in my totally OTT way, I was convinced the end was nigh so I've not really had much sleep and today I am finding breathing a bit of a struggle, so PT is probably not the answer. If it ever stops raining, I may go for a walk later.

In other news, the eating is still very on and off. I have had a couple of really good days and some pretty terrible ones, but I am still thinking about it which I suppose is half the battle. I've planned most of the week and don't have many social outings, so fingers crossed.

One meal at a time, one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. 6 minutes is AMAZING - well done you!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff on the running. Once you've done it once, you just have to add a minute or even 30 seconds each time and you'll be doing a 5km in no time!

    Well done.

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!