Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Weekend Woes

I started to write a post yesterday, before realising it was a misery filled one and to be honest, I've absolutely no reason to be miserable. Monday mornings definitely bring out the worst in me.

Another weekend, another mixed bag. Friday night was fairly restrained by my usual standards. The gym didn't happen - which was not a real surprise, but I managed to avoid eating in the pub so I could maintain a small bit of control.

Saturday was not so good. I was meant to be having a girls lunch (previously a night out) with my best girlfriends. It'd been planned since March so the 6 of us could coordinate diaries & plan babysitters (3 have kids) and I was looking forward to a proper catch up. I don't see them all together very often - in fact the last time was December so you can imagine how pee'd off I was that in the end, it didn't happen. Very disappointing and to be honest, I am done now with trying to organise any more. I guess people move on in life and previously valued friendships no longer hold quite the same importance. Something I've been trying not to accept for the past few years.

So, I was in a mood. My friend Alex, whose first jaunt out this was going to be since the birth of her child, was also similarly annoyed. In the end, me and Matt went round there for a BBQ where we all drank far too much and probably ate too little. Sunday then was a bit of a write off which saw me struggling to move as Alex and I had insisted on Jiving for a fair proportion of Saturday. Ouch.

A good day WW wise yesterday and a very full on PT session. I was actually so exhausted that even the cool down exercises had me gasping for air. My trainer upped my running intervals to 3 minutes at a time - which I think lead to the exhaustion, but the fact I can see an improvement was enough for me to carry on. Today hurts a lot. I expect tomorrow will be worse.

I am not sure what the scales will tell me tonight, but I've not been weighed officially for 2 weeks so I don't expect it will be overly pretty, but I will suck it up. I'm getting remeasured on Friday for my wedding dress, so I will be able to see if, despite the lack of weight loss, there may have been some inches lost with the exercise. Wishful thinking, perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. Try and stay positive and just keep going. We all have blowouts all the time. Its how we react to them that counts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blowouts as a result of disappointment can be tricky - all rstraint heads for the hills! The jiving sounds good though - proper jiving or make it up as you go along stuff??

    And the training sounds truly terrible so must be doing some good.

    Have fun at your wedding dress remeasurement - at least you're not dreading it like Peridot!!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!