Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Ash be gone... (and thanks)

Thank you all for your comments yesterday, I totally appreciate it, you rock. I think I was tired and a bit over emotional - probably not helped by overdoing the booze at the weekend. I've been ever so slightly hard on myself over my negative feelings towards my friends 'growing up' around me - I guess it's only natural that I will feel a little bit of panic when things change. I've had a chat with Matt about the marriage situation and he knows my feelings, I think he'll come round to the idea eventually and then we can pretty much guarantee that I will have a major freak out about that!

Yesterday was quite a good day food wise. Ended up at Pizza Express last night so I was able to indulge in one of their Leggera Pizzas and stay within points. They even do Leggera wines now - but I resisted since I had the car (plus I didn't have enought points left). Me and Laura then went for a little walk along the river in Henley as the weather was still playing nicely. A very pleasant evening.

Today hasn't been quite so good. All my meals have been planned and I had a few points spare for snackage - however, I didn't quite reckon on the box of Millionaires Shortbread being plonked on the desk behind me. My absolute favourite thing of the sweet variety. I managed to resist until the 6th time I walked past and then I had one... well actually I had 3 - but they were very small pieces... still, not overly clever to go over my points the day before WI. I feel fairly bloated now - I am sure that's nowt to do with the shortbread, just the general feeling of panic I get before I get weighed which has me imagining myself 10 pounds heavier. Heading to the gym tonight to try and sort that feeling out - if need be I'll sit in the sauna until there is no liquid left in my body. That should do it :)

I'm now stressing about the Volcanic Ash situation - how can a cloud be that bloody big?? We're due to fly to Vegas next Friday and at this rate, I am not overly confident we will go. So far this year I've had snow, strikes and now bloody volcanic ash trying to disrupt my travel plans. Perhaps if I stopped booking so many blinking holidays, I would stress less?

Anyway, PMA needs to return. I've a Weigh In to attend tomorrow that has to be good.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the weigh in Linz , and I will keep my fingers crossed for you and me about the volcanic ash..... Karon and I are due to fly on the 4th May, but not holding out much hope at the moment !! Of all the things to happen eh? Typical. I never had a holiday last year, and now this happens...gggrrrr.... lets all blow as hard as we can and blow the blooming thing away !! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!