Monday, 19 April 2010

A slight slip of the halo...

...but hopefully not too much damage done. Friday night ended up being a right booze filled affair. I had planned to steer clear of alcohol and take the car, but in the end we walked to the pub to meet friends and I ended up sinking about 8 G&(slimline)T's. Thankfully I managed to resist eating anything depsite everyone around me ordering mahoosive burgers.

Saturday was a beautiful day. Woke up late and somewhat parched, skipped breakfast in favour of a couple of pints of water and also as we had a table booked for lunch at my favourite restaurant for 12pm. I made the best choices I could but it was all completely delicious. We then headed to another bar and enjoyed the sunshine in the middle of the river, very pleasant! Stumbled home after a few hours and enjoyed the rest of the sunshine in the Garden with some Pimms - exercise was somewhat lacking. A point defecit of around 6. Ho hum.

One of my friends announced her engagement on Saturday and on Friday another announced her pregnancy - which probably explained my thirst for alcohol. I am completely chuffed for them both, but I am an awful person and my initial reaction is the impact it will have on me. Not so much the engagement, although it does pain me, as Matt doesn't want to get wed and therefore it's something of real importance to me (I am ridiculous, I know) but the pregnancy scares the hell out of me. A lot of my friends have children already, but this is the first of my group of best girlfriends and I fear how it will change things. Bad me. I know the others want children (I don't) and I think there will now be a domino effect... I should just be pleased for my friends and stop being so bloody selfish, but I admit, I am scared of losing something. When I meet up with my other friends who all have children, I feel like a spare part... I don't know the best travel systems (I admit I thought they were talking about the London Underground or something, not bloody prams), I don't care which pubs are child friendly (in fact I actively avoid them) and I don't understand the need for 5 door cars... I need to stop stressing about me and just be happy for my friends - like I say, Bad Person.

Anyway, I digress. Yesterday was a bit better from a WW perspective, we had a healthy fry up in the Garden and then I spent an hour or so sweeping the patio and clearing up weeds - exercise of sorts. Dinner last night was roast chicken with a load of veggies and a couple of glasses of wine.... my idea of not drinking until Vegas seems to have failed! Also played tennis for 40 minutes which was really good fun. I am still not overly good, but definitely getting better. It's so much nicer to excercise outdoors when the weather is good.

Today seems to be going ok so far. I wanted to go to the gym this morning as I am meeting a girl I used to work with tonight, but I couldn't drag myself out of bed. I'm off now for a walk in the sunshine to try and make myself feel less bad about not exercising this morning. The defecit should be gone by Wednesday so am hopeful for a little loss.

5 comments:

  1. Travel Systems! I totally thought you meant something to do with the railway too!

    BD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pecker up Linz - no need to feel bad. You are right, things will change once your mates are sprogged up, but not forever. Once their kiddies go to school they'll be begging for some adult company and a trip to the pub!

    Maybe some of your anxiety is because you are not recognizing your needs enough? After all, if getting married is important to you then does Matt know this? Why should what he wants take priority over what you want?

    My mate had a fella who was anti-marriage, until he realized that his girlfriend meant more to him than a principle. And now he is a convert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a tough weekend for you... You should talk to your boyfriend. Let him know how you feel. Talk about it.. evaluate what you want now vs. what you want tomorrow.

    Sorry, I don't mean to give unsolicited advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun but also sad weekend - I don't think you are wrong in feeling that way when your friends announce life changing pursuits; it's natural - you worry about whether they will still be around for you and with the marriage thing, you think about what you would like to happen between you and Matt.

    Just a fyi - when I met Rob he was totally anti-marriage, even his parents remarked so when we told them of our engagement! So it does happen. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!