Sunday, 10 October 2010

Enough already

Well if you want an example of a really bad Saturday, look no further people. It started with a McDonald's breakfast, and then a 3 course lunch followed by 2 slices of Pizza for dinner, all washed down with Prosecco and Cocktails. Am I a paragon of virtue or what?

Friday was a bit of a nothing day in the end. Matt was meant to be off work (which is why I took time off), but unsurprisingly, he ended up working. That put me in a wonderful mood as you can imagine. Apparently he knew he'd have to work, why he failed to tell me is anyone's guess.

So, yesterday Matt's brother and his lady friend arrived which meant we started on the alcohol fairly early - there seemed to be no other option really. The day pretty much went downhill from there (if you ignore the Sausage and Egg McMuffin already consumed...) I had to drink to get over the cringeworthy public displays of affection from Mad Mick and his missus, but we'll gloss over that.

Lunch yesterday was Black Pudding and Rabbit Galette, followed by Lamb Kofta with Ratatouille and then Cherry Jelly Trifle Style for Dessert. Oh dear.

Last night we were supposed to go for Thai, but after an afternoon of cocktails, no one could really face it so we headed home to watch the X-Factor (with 2.5 hours of additional running commentary) and ordered a couple of Pizza's. I only had a couple of small slices, but I wasn't hungry at all, so I've no idea why I felt the need to consume any.

This morning I feel rubbish from all of the crap consumed yesterday. I woke up early and was confronted by a tarantula in the living room, cue huge girlie screams.

I've walked up and down the hill of hell 5 times in an attempt to work off some of the lard, so I feel a little bit smug considering the others are all still asleep.

Tomorrow I will be better. I have to be. I am in danger of ending up back where I started if I carry on like this. I'm starting work at 7am and then heading over to see my Friend Nina after work as she is due to give birth imminently, but I am going to make sure that all of my meals are planned so I am not tempted to stray off the straight and narrow.

Wish me luck people.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    I had a pretty rubbish Friday (dietwise) - and alcohol was at the root of that too, I just wish I had an off button when it came to drinking and socialising. I know I should order Diet Coke - but I practically never do.

    Still, one day off the wagon is not going to kill you, and the fact that you've already started to claw those points back is excellent. Hopefully the scales will be kind next week. And it sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekends are a killer - especially when you are busy. You've already started to make a difference by the walking, just make sure you track and point everything this week and you should be a-okay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life and dieting are such a tough mix! But planning for this week will be key to a good week I think - I certainly find that if I don't plan, it's SO much tougher to come in on (or under!) points!

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!