Tuesday, 19 October 2010

My baby sister gets Wed

So I am back from my baby sister's wedding. I had a lovely time, my sister did an amazing job with the planning and preparation and it was truly a lovely day, she should be a wedding planner or something. Everything was done by her, she made the name cards, the menu's, the order of service etc... Very talented.

My baby sister is all grown up now - she looked completely stunning and it was lovely to see her looking so happy. I spent most of the day trying not to cry too much and ruin my make-up. I am such a wuss!

I actually felt good in my dress which was unexpected and had a few lovely compliments from people which made me feel much better about wearing it. The make up was a lot more than I'd usually wear, but everyone said it suited me, so I may even experiment a bit more in future. (perhaps not, I am not exactly talented in the make up department). Thankfully also, the Ooompa Loompa look didn't materialise. The spray tan was fairly harsh, so I washed it off a bit earlier than recommended and I ended up looking ok.

I had a minor panic when I saw the staircase I had to walk down (it was huge), but fortunately I managed it unscathed so I remained in an upright position where required. I breathed a massive sigh of relief once I got to the bottom and Matt was there waiting to walk me to the front.

So here are a few photos of the big day.

Me with my sister Victoria, prior to our grand entrance down the staircase from hell.

Me and my eldest niece Ella.


The Bride and Groom. Doesn't she look stunning? Like a bloody super model or something!

And finally, Me and Matthew in the grounds of the hotel. He was one of the ushers, so I didn't get to spend too much time with him until after the ceremony.

My diet has been completely out of the window since Thursday night. I've eaten and drunk what I wanted and not given a second thought to WW. I am dreading facing the scales tonight, but I am not going to stress about it too much. I am back on track today and determined not to let any gain throw me too far off the straight and narrow.

I'll be back later with the dreadful scale news!



14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you look completely and utterly stunning!

    It sounds like a lovely day...well done for staying upright! :-) hope the scales aren't too unkind.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Linz, you really do :)

    I'm with Seren, well done on not falling over!

    Lex xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks very much ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous hon and you can totally see an amazing difference in your shape.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you look bloody gorgeous! You really need to stop putting yourself down so much petal, you look stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linz you look gorgeous. Wow what a difference from when you started. You look great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linz you look stunning! So beautiful, so does your sisters :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look stunning (and not a whiff of oompa)! You're a good looking family alright - 3 of you all so beautiful. I bet boyfriends are gobsmacked the first time you take them home!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just to echo what all the ladies above have said, you look bloody brilliant! You look very glam and your sister looked amazing!

    Well done you for all your hard work, its obviously paying off!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look absolutely stunning - and your two sisters are nearly as beautiful as you - your parents must have had a fantastic gene pool! Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is nothng at all wrong with you - wish I looked half as good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whit whooooo - young lady, you look fabulous!! Glad it all went well. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!