Thursday, 14 October 2010

Oompa Loompa Wedding

I'm doing ok, food is under control and lots of vegetables are being consumed, so far so good. Exercise is still minimal, but I am working on that, albeit slowly.

3 years ago today I agreed to a lunch date with a slightly mad, Brummie accountant. I was fairly concerned as he seemed like a mini Rodders (my Dad) and in fact he is, but it works for my mother so it can't be all bad... He ended up fairly drunk (I was driving) but he made me laugh like no man ever has so here we are 3 years on. Who'd have thought we'd have lasted this long, I expect my medal is in the post. Happy Anniversary Matthew!


We fly up to Newcastle tonight for the Wedding of the year. I am looking forward to going home for a few days, but my sister is liable to combust if she carries on the way she is going. I am sure it will be an amazing day (she is a brilliant organiser) but I am pretty much staying out of the finer details, best just to do what I am told and turn up when required.

My biggest worry presently is that we are required to make our entrance to the ceremony down a staircase - in full view of the congregation (is it a congregation if it's not in a church?) and I am wearing a heel. Regular readers of this blog will be well aware of my inability to stay upright at the best of times - and I NEVER wear heels (I feel like an egg on stilts). I am fairly convinced I am going to fall and being 'Chief' Bridesmaid and therefore right behind the bride, take her out in the process. She weighs about 8 stone wet through, so me falling on top of her could be a bit of a shock to the system, not to mention the lack of dignity on my behalf if I end up flashing my undercrackers. Fingers crossed I manage to remain in the upright position.

I've also been booked in for a spray tan tomorrow morning. Heaven help me. I am whiter than white. I have a massive fear I am going to look like I've been doused in Cuprinol. Is the Ooompa Loompa look on trend this season? My sister's friend is a beautician and is doing our make up - I've been told to buy foundation (I never wear it and in fact mascara and blusher is about as adventurous as I get ) so there is a chance I will be resembling some hideous Jordanesque drag queen.

So other than that, I am fairly sure it will be a lovely weekend. I get to spend some time with my nieces tomorrow night as we are all staying at the hotel while the boys stay at home. Unfortunately my sisters mother in law passed away a few weeks ago which is very sad, but you can always rely on the innocence of children to lighten the mood a bit. My eldest niece, Ella, called me to say that her Nanna was now in Heaven with Grandad, Lennox (my parents dog) and Michael Jackson. Sounds like some party. Bless her.

Hopefully my eating will remain in check, but I am not going to stress myself overly. I'll be back and focussed next week. Honest Guv.

Happy weekends y'all.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with it all. I do feel for you regarding the heels - I bought heels for my brother's wedding, tried them on, stood up and promptly fell over. I didn't wear them.

    My chav-in-law has patented the orange-guest look so don't go crazy on the fake tan. Pale is very chic, (thanks Twilight!)especially in winter.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll look great! Hope you have fun back up here in the north east :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll look fab - and try not to think about the heels thing. The more you worry about it the more tentative you're likely to be, and the only way to cope with heels is to stride out and be confident!

    If you're not used to foundation and don't wear it, why not try a tinted moisturiser? Boots do a good one in the No 7 range, and it gives you a wee bit of coverage without being too cakey. Or you could try a mineral (loose powder) one which again, is supposed to be a little bit lighter.

    Have a fantabulous weekend!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reckon you will look just gorgeous - heels I love - so can't imagine how difficult it would be - but hope you manage it. Looking forward to the pics Zxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!