So, a little cry and an admission to my darling boyf that I am in danger of piling the lard back on, seems to have done the trick. I woke up this morning feeling annoyed with myself (not to mention a bit hungover), it seems to have spurred me on a bit. I am still not completely in control, but I am not snacking needlessly and I have been a lot more mindful of what I am shovelling in my gob today. Baby steps I think. I got weighed in Boots at lunchtime in a bid to shock myself into action - and it seems I am still the same weight. Maybe I am being far too hard on myself.
Tomorrow I am working from home, but have major distractions descending on me. My middle sister, her hubby and my 2 gorgeous nieces are coming to stay. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them, but somewhat stressed by the logistics of fitting 4 extra people, plus luggage in my tiny car and our not so big 2 bedroomed flat. Ah well, it will be cosy if nothing else.
My sister and her hubby are off into London on Saturday to see a show, so Matt and I are taking the girls to Legoland. I think they are fit to burst with excitement, I've had numerous phone calls seeking assurance that we are definitely going. Bless them. I'm secretly very excited too - but don't tell anyone.
So, one step at a time for me on the diet front. I have convinced myself that the new WW plan from next week will be my saving grace. I am going to stop beating myself up over the next few days and just take it one step at a time.
I'll probably be fairly quiet over the weekend given I won't have a minute to myself, so have a fab time y'all.
Positivity will return next week. I promise.
Sooooooo jealous of Legoland! I have always wanted to go...may need to borrow some children though as I think we'd look a bit weird on our own. Please report back on child-less couples there Linz!
ReplyDeleteShal we start a "new plan = new start / kick in the bum" club??
Have a lovely time spoiling the girls
Lex xxx
If your weight is staying the same then you are obviously not losing the plot as much as you think you are...just tell yourself that the last week has been good practice for maintenance. And then, like you say, the new plan is a brilliant opportunity for a fresh start.
ReplyDeleteHave a fab weekend!
Sx
I think that with the phrase "bloody hormones" you may well have identified why you wanted to eat anything that wasn't firmly nailed down. It will pass, you obviously haven't done as badly as you thought if you've stayed the same so hang in there and embrace the clean page of tomorrow (or today, really).
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the space invaders (as welcome as they may be!)
Px
Dont be so hard on yourself, there are many of us (myself included) who are floating around and kidding ourselves on, so lets use the new plan to give each other a kick up the bum and get some new motivation!
ReplyDeletewe can do it...we are just taking the scenic route lol xxx
Hey just wanted to drop a line and say hello!
ReplyDeleteHave a ton of fun at Legoland. It's awesome!
Hormones hit me hard too - and they bloody sneak up on me too, so I never have any idea what's going on and why I'm sooooo all over the place. It sounds like you're on the road to recovery already - just keep muttering to yourself "persistence not perfection". Think of each decision as a standalone - one poor one, doesn't have any impact on the next one - or doesn't have to anyway.
ReplyDeleteI really know what you mean about the new plan. After reading about the losses of the people who've been trialling it, I can't help but hope I'll get a really big loss too which will give me such a boost to goal. I keep trying to tell myself not to get too excited, so I don't get disappointed - but I'm certainly prepared to go in balls-deep this week and give it my best shot!!
Much love xx
the bloody weather thats what i blame it on!! its darker i evenings colder all we wanna do is stay in , snugglle and munch!!
ReplyDeletethe brand new diet start this week so take this as a new beginning maybe thats what u need hun a fresh start!
hope u have a better week hun!
x