Monday, 1 November 2010

Oh Edinburgh, how I love thee

Hello dear people, hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was fab, we had a great weekend in Edinburgh, it's about the 5th time I have been, but I had forgotten quite how much I love the place. We stayed with friends and their hospitality was amazing. I can't say I've been overly mindful of the diet situation, but we walked so much my legs are blooming killing me today, so I am hopeful there has been some sort of counteraction. 

I forgot to take my camera, but snapped a couple of shots on my phone. Below is the castle which we walked up to. We were so lucky with the weather, whilst it was cold, the sun shone the whole weekend. 


On Saturday evening we went to a Chinese Restaurant, but I have discovered a new diet aid in the form of skinny jeans. I could barely eat due to the tightness of said jeans - has to be a winner I think. 

On Sunday we went up to South Queensferry and had brunch in an amazing restaurant overlooking the Forth Estuary and the bridges. A view from our table whilst we tucked into a full Scottish breakfast below. I totally recommend a little trip out here if you are ever in Edinburgh. Lovely.


After a fairly hearty breakfast we went for a long walk along the sea. I am hopeful that burnt off a few of the calories consumed.I am wearing about 40 layers here, so I look a bit Michelin Man-esque, but it was bloody freezing despite the sun.


So once again, my weekend seems to have thrown me off track. We have so much on of late, I am seriously struggling to stay in control of pointing. I know the WW diet plan is changing this month, maybe that will be the kick I need to get me back into the swing of things. 

I can't make WI tomorrow as we have tickets to see Jimmy Carr so I am going to have to try another class or a Boots WI and hope that the hearty Scottish fayre I consumed at the weekend hasn't caused me too much trauma.

3 comments:

  1. I love Edinburgh! Looks like you had a fab time and so nice the weather was good too :)
    Good luck with WI
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a trade off I think - we want to be leaner as it makes us feel better - but life itself is a seies of cameos of memories and it's too damn short not to enjoy wonderful opportunities in new/other places with special people, so I think you do what you did - try and minimise the damage and work bloody hard the rest of the week to get back in front - kind of painful but eventually you get where you want to be and you've still managed to have a life too. Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edinburgh is such a fab city - I've only been a couple of times but love it soooo much. I'm sure you'll find that all the walking will have tempered the food indulgence. And I'm with you - looking forward to the new plan - I love fresh starts!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!