Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Spaghetti Squash

Just a quick post as work is somewhat mental at the moment (usually we are a team of 4, for the next 2 weeks I'm a team of 1 - Happy Days!).

Pro Points is still going well, I am sometimes struggling to eat all of my daily allowance - so much so I had a mince pie yesterday afternoon to attempt to get anywhere near my 41. Not that I am complaining too much of course.

Slight amendment to my last post - my breakfast was 3 points (thanks Peridot). For some reason the tracker gives you the point for 1oz of egg as the first option - not overly handy.

Anyway, I digress, I've been after a spaghetti squash for ages after seeing them on many US blogs. They aren't something that you can find overly easy over here, so I was fairly excited (am I sad??) to see Abel and Cole advertising them and added one to last weeks order. They seem like an especially good idea now that pasta is the work of the devil.

Last night I made up a massive pan of Bolognese Sauce with all sorts of veggies (courgettes, mushrooms, onions, celeriac, beetroot, leeks, tomatoes) and some lean mince. This made me 4 fairly decent portions of sauce for 6 points a pop. I had mine with the spaghetti squash which I had cut in half and roasted in the oven skin side up for around 40 mins. I was sceptical at first that it would resemble any kind of pasta - but check this out:


It was lovely - I will definitely be buying a few more. Obviously it doesn't taste much like pasta, but it was very tasty and a great side dish for the sauce.


I am really hopeful for a loss this week given I have stuck religiously to my points. I've gone back to basics what with weighing everything and reassessing the best options on the new plan, so I know I will be disappointed if the scales don't budge. I will persevere though. I shall be back later with the verdict!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I would have been just as excited! I'm always reading about spaghetti squash in American blogs, but I've never seen it over here - will have to have another look now. Your tea looks fab.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!