I think work may just about finish me off this week. I'm on call as well as being the only regular member of my team for the next two weeks. The past two nights, I've been up with numerous phone calls during the night, so today I feel like I've been hit by a bus. I think a lot of coffee will be consumed. I wouldn't mind so much if what I did was saving lives, but it's bloody software for crying out loud. Does that really warrant me being up all night? I'm so tired today, I managed to trap my hand in the car window (don't ask) and walked into the door frame when I got to work, almost concussing myself!
So after the jubilation of WI, yesterday was a pretty messed up day food wise. I came in on points, but my choices were fairly bad. I cleverly forgot to bring breakfast with me, so I thought I'd make do with one of the new WW Dark Chocolate and Orange bars. Oh my God. Disgusting. I knew I wasn't onto a winner when the inside was a luminous orange colour. So sweet and fake tasting, that went straight in the bin. In the end I made do with an apple and a satsuma, which meant I was ravenous by lunchtime. Lunch was a Tuna Melt Panini for 12 points. Mid afternoon I snacked on a couple of mini caramel shortbreads that were teasing me from the kitchen (6).
After work (an 11 hour day), I popped to the pub with a couple of colleagues for a couple of vodkas before heading over to a friends house for a Jamie at Home party, I ended up grabbing a quick Roast beef and horseradish sarnie before heading to hers where I cleverly consumed a handful of Peanuts. All in all, not a stellar day. Still, I scraped in on points so I can't worry too much.
Today should be better, I've had breakfast, am armed with fruit and managed to bring lunch with me. If I can just make it through the day without falling asleep at my desk, I'll be onto a winner.
Really looking forward to the weekend. Matt is away golfing so I've the place to myself. Friday night, I am out with a friend for dinner and drinks. Saturday, I am heading into London to meet up with the lovely ladies that are Karon, Tina and Sarah. We've no firm plans yet, but are heading to Covent Garden for a mooch about and some lunch and perhaps a few beverages :) Sunday will be a day of doing absolutely nothing. Happy days.
Right, I had better get back to it otherwise I'll end up stuck here til midnight at this rate.
Love those 'me' time weekends - they just recharge your batteries. Enjoy! Zxx
ReplyDeleteSounds as though you've got a lovely weekend planned :o)
ReplyDeleteSee you Saturday, I'm looking forward to it xxx