Wednesday, 13 April 2011

A healthy tasting menu

Last night, as I mentioned, we had another meal out. You'll know that eating out is a passion of mine, something I really enjoy and something I am loathe to give up in my quest to lose weight. Before my fall out with WW, I managed to eat out regularly and still lose weight - and now I am going it alone, I am determined to carry on in the same vein.

We were lucky enough to secure a table for 4 at our favourite restaurant for their Spring Tasting Night. We eat here fairly regularly and the menu is always full of seasonal produce from the local area. Last night's menu focussed on healthy eating - absolutely ideal for me at the moment.

So, we had 7 courses, each of them small and perfectly formed and absolutely delicious. With the menu we were give a description of each course along with the health benefits of eating these foods. It has definitely inspired me to try and recreate some of these amazing flavours. The Hake with Gazpacho Sauce was delicious and the Lamb with Cauliflower 'couscous' (minced cauliflower from what I could work out) was inspired. Beetroot with Goat's cheese is another thing I'll definitely be trying - oh and that Pea and Mint Soup was bloody amazing.


I've totted up my calories as best I can and the menu really didn't come out too badly at all. Result.

However, today, just to be on the safe side, I've made sure I've eaten a bit less and I've done the Hill of Hell 5 times in order to work up a sweat.

I've worked from home which is sometimes a danger zone for me. However, I have so far consumed - Spelt Pancake for breakfast (with Salt - I don't do sweet first thing). Lunch was at Cafe Rouge thanks to Tesco Vouchers, so I had the Entrecote Salad (handily listed as under 600 calories and a healthy option) and dinner will be Chicken Curry bulked up with all of these Veggies, no rice. 


I'm avoiding the scales til Friday as I really can't cope with their mood swings. Onwards and downwards I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious; I adore beetroot! It all sounds very healthy to me! Why not try the boots scales instead if yours are being a git? I keep meaning to measure myself instead of weighing as I don't trust my scales either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lush - and actually not unvirtuous.

    Good luck with the scales - sounds like you're on top of things calorie wise.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!