Monday, 4 April 2011

Weekend round up

Oh Monday, you do disappoint me with your eagerness to arrive. 

Hope you all had lovely weekends. Mine was great, much improved from the hospital visits of last weekend.

Friday we went to our local pub, where I chose a Salad for dinner - yes, a SALAD. Wonders will never cease. I did wash that down with a couple of lovely Ciders, but I surprisingly still came in under my calorie goal for the day. I seem to be determined to prove to myself that my divorce from WW is the right move.

Saturday's plan was to get up at 9am and drive up to Nottingham. Imagine my surprise when I woke from my slumber at 0950 - this never happens to me, I always wake up at 0630am, no matter what the day. Anyway, we quickly packed an overnight bag, grabbed some fruit and a quick coffee and set off up the Motorway. Matt used to go to University in Nottingham, so he wanted to go back to see the place and show me around. He also booked us into the wonderful Sat Bains with rooms for dinner and an overnight stay. 


Since I knew we were having a 10 course tasting menu that night, I made sure I stuck to fruit all day so I could fully appreciate the meal. I know 10 courses sounds ridiculously piggy, but each course is probably 2-3 mouthfuls each and so wonderfully flavoursome, that you feel totally satisfied and not at all stuffed once you are done. Here is a quick snap of the menu. I didn't have the Scallop due to it's ability to explode my head, so Belly Pork was my first course. Totally amazing food (we skipped the cheese course - I can show restraint sometimes!). 


At the end of the meal we got to go into the kitchen to meet the Man himself. Thankfully, I'd had a couple of glasses of wine so I wasn't overly star struck, but it was amazing to see what goes on behind the scenes, it's like a military operation. Such a lovely night!

Breakfast was included yesterday, so I had poached eggs with toast and a couple of slices of crispy bacon. The eggs were completely perfect, I don't know how anyone can master this trick. After a long wander around Nottingham (exercise you see) we grabbed a skinny latte from Starbucks and headed home. Matt decided to ignore the Sat Nav and go his own way, which saw us remaining 150 miles from our destination after an hour of driving.... clever man.

Last night's dinner was a Vegetable fest. I made another curry (Starfish, I forgot to answer your question last time - I use Goldfish curry paste usually or just tinned tomatoes with a mixture of  spices). Last night was Chinese Chicken curry - 2 chicken breasts cooked with Onions, Mushrooms, Courgettes, Cabbage and Leeks - basically everything that was in my fridge mixed with a couple of spoonfuls of the Goldfish paste and water. No rice or bread required as the curry was full of Veg. Delicious and one of the best ways for me to get my intake of Veg up.

There are also changes afoot in the Linzerello household. Yesterday we made the brave decision to rejoin the gym. It's not something I am massively enthusiastic about, but I know it's needed. So, tomorrow night I am going to be brave and pop along and see what's what. It's a new gym to me, so I'll feel completely intimidated to start with, but I guess I need to get on with moving my bottom a bit more than I have been. I am going to get back into Spinning and also try Zumba. Exciting times. 

I am also the proud owner of a new set of scales - I hopped on them this morning - and get this.... I am 4 pounds down from my last WW weigh in. I jumped on and off about 10 times to make sure, so I am more than happy with that. Obviously I know they won't be exact, given I was naked when I weighed myself today and I was never that brazen at a WW class, but at least the scales are in the right direction. I shall probably make Friday my WI day from now on, so watch this space.

3 comments:

  1. I am a person considered offensive to society, nineteenth century tell a thousand views, I visited your blog and I love, a hug from Reus Catalonia and many thanks for visiting my blog, you are a very brave person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely pic of you and Matt hun :) The menu sounds great too! You'll love Zumba, all it requires is for you to be able to wet yourself with laughing at how little coordination we all have! :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that meal sounds amazing - seriously jealous!!

    Good luck on going back to the gym. I figure anything that allows me to eat more is a good thing - much as I tend to loathe exercise!!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!