You guys were of course right, the scales are playing silly beggars with me. I was 6 pounds down again last night after a trip to the gym and copious amounts of water throughout the day. I tried to book in for Spinning, but our new gym only allows you to do this 30 mins in advance, it would seem that 29 minutes prior to the class starting is too late. I may have to hang around reception in a stalker like fashion in future.
Not to be deterred, I did my own work out. 20 mins cycling at a fairly fast pace - my heart rate was around 145, 10 minutes on the Stepper until my calves felt like they might explode, 10 minutes on the cross trainer with a heart rate of 154 and then 5 minutes on the running machine to cool down. A proper sweat was worked up for the first time in an age and it felt good. Let's hope the exercise bug has hit me again. We'll gloss over the fact that I almost crashed my car driving under that bloody wind turbine - made even worse by the sunny weather and the flipping moving shadows it casts on the road. I'm shivering at the mere thought. Hideous.
Food yesterday was almost saintly - Spanish Omelette for breakfast, Salmon Salad with Lemon Dressing for Lunch and Home made Burgers for Dinner with a copious amount of salad (no bread or chips!). No diet coke or tea passed my lips all day. Might explain the sudden loss of those extra pounds.
1103 calories in - 559 burnt (although that seems generous) - I am surprised I didn't pass out.
First thing this morning the scales were up a pound from last night - how is this even possible? It's a good job I am not really one for daily weigh-ins, or I'd soon be smashing the bloody things up. I will weigh myself again on Friday and if they are still showing me ridiculous things, I'll probably stamp my feet and cry.
Today I've not been such a saint on the food front, I made the mistake of buying some fat free licorice (raspberry flavour) for a sweet treat every now and then - unfortunately I seem to have a bit of a taste for it and I've eaten most of the bag. 500 and odd calories worth. Somewhat counteracts the Fruit and Yoghurt for breakfast and pasta salad for lunch. What an eejit. I could probably cope with this if I had a night in, but actually we are off out for dinner with friends, so I am just going to have to be as good as I can but not worry overly. I'll hit the gym tomorrow and be extra good on the food front to compensate. This is after all, how most thin people live their lives. How hard can it be??
Sounds good Linz! Although do be careful with the nasty turbine - it would give "dying at the gym" a whole new (and bad) meaning!
ReplyDelete