Ok - my French is a little rusty (actually not used since I did my A-Level) so let's hope I am not overly required to speak much of it over the next 10 days. I am so glad the holiday is almost upon us. I've felt crappy all week fighting off this man flu (read cold) which has lead to a couple of dodgy choices on the food front. Tuesday, I was fairly saintly and ate a plethora of Vegetables - Parma Ham and Mozzarella salad with loads of fresh Veg Box Veggies (spinach, lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, red cabbage and carrot) for lunch and Courgette, Spinach and Asparagus Risotto for dinner. Yesterday, not so good. First of all, there were an abundance of Bacon Sandwiches in the office - and with my defences down, I couldn't resist the faint smell of bacon filling my snot filled nostrils, Lunch was another salad - but accompanied by 2 coronation chicken sandwiches left over from a buffet and a slice of Banoffee cake. Gah.
Last night I'd booked myself in for an Indian Head and Back massage thanks to Groupon. An hour of bliss - which left me looking like someone had poured a chip pan over my head - seriously not a cool look. Even better that I didn't have any form of brush or hair bobble and I'd parked the car about as far away as I could get.... couple that with my bright red beak - and I was looking Smokin'! When I got home and showered and attempted some form of packing for my hols, I really couldn't be bothered to do much in the kitchen, so I succumbed when Matt offered to go to McD's on his way back from the airport last night. A cheeseburger and 4 chicken Nuggets for dinner. Healthy stuff.
So, last day at work today until the 3rd May. Happy Days. We are heading down to Folkstone tonight and then we proceed to drive around France like a pair of clueless numpties. I am so looking forward to it and very thankful we have invested in European Sat Nav as my navigational skills are more than suspect and led to a fair few arguments when driving round the US.
I don't expect my diet to be overly great the next 10 days, but I'll try not to be too much of a piglet. We've a few Chateaux tours lined up, so I suspect there will be much wine involved. How awful, huh?
Happy Easter and Bank Holiday everyone - see you on the 3rd! Au Revoir!
Ooooh - very jealous!!! Have an amazing time xx
ReplyDeleteBon voyage mademoiselle, j'espere que vous allez passer un sejour fabuleux. Zxx
ReplyDelete