Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Irrational phobias

I've discovered an issue with our new gym. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a freak. I am irrationally scared of windmills and wind turbines... Yip, you read that correctly. They scare the heck out of me.

So, imagine my delight upon driving to the gym on Monday night to see this little puppy alongside..... Deep breaths now....


That's actually freaking me out somewhat now just looking at that photo. Urrgghhhhh, horrible things. I'm going to have to undergo some form of hypnosis or something to get over this otherwise Matt is going to have to drive me to the gym whilst I am blindfolded. Not overly handy really. He might get arrested for kidnapping.

In other news, the eating is going quite well. I am tracking every day with myfitness pal and have been under my calorie goal every day. I even managed to eat pizza last night and stop at 2 slices (normally I'd have had at least 4) - a minor achievement. I'm exercising again, my water intake is up and I am feeling a heck of a lot better about myself than I have in the past few months,, my skin is better, my hair is glossy again.... the fact that the sun is shining is probably adding to my joyous mood. Oh and I am also a hussy who appears to have come to work in a completely see-through top but we'll brush over that. 



I did a quick 3 mile walk last night with my bestie - so much easier to exercise with someone when you spend the 45 minutes putting the world to rights. 

Tonight I'm meeting a couple of friends for dinner after work, but I've already made my menu choice so I am going to stick to that and plan everything else around it. Tomorrow night I've work drinks, but I am taking the car. I feel almost saintly. 

Now if I can just get over this bloody irrational fear of windmills, life will be sorted. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you - those massive turbines freak me out. I went to N. Wales for a holiday last week and looking out to sea and seeing a bank of these bloody things on the horizon gave me the heebeejeebies!
    Cute pic :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lippie, Linz!! Wish I could wear red like that! Sounds like you're kicking ass at the moment - can't wait to see how the scales go for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you a stunner!

    Sounds like you're totally in the groove. Loving the positivity.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand the fear of swishing giant blades! Maybe pretend you're running away from them on the treadmill? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROCKING that red lippy, missus!

    Not irrational to me - they're scary looking things. I agree with Miss Spoon - pretend you're running away from them on the treadmill. I mean, it's got to be more sensible than my technique which is to pretend I'm running TOWARDS the fish and chip shop that lives next door to our gym!!!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!