Dear Monday,
Please Bugger Off.
That is all.
Kind Regards,
Linzerello
Gah, as you can probably guess, I am not feeling the love for today. I had a lovely weekend, the sun was shining and I felt all happy and smiley. This morning, I have woken up under a black cloud (not literally since the sun is still making an appearance) and it's not a pretty sight.
Friday, I jumped on the scales and saw a loss of a pound - I am happy with that since that is my aim. Friday night saw us sitting in the sun with a pint of Cider, followed by a curry and a couple of drinks at home and I was still within my calorie goal for the day.
Saturday, I met the girls for lunch in Henley, partook in a few glasses of Pimms and came home for an early night after being out for most of the day. Yesterday involved lunch with friends in their garden enjoying the spring sunshine. Absolutely lovely.
Today, I just didn't want to get up. I half considering calling in sick as I was so loathe to get out of bed, but that's not really the attitude. I hopped on the scales to see how I was doing - 8 POUNDS UP. Seriously, what on earth is that about??? I realise it cannot be accurate, I simply can't have put on 8 pounds of fat over the course of 3 days - especially given I was quite restricted (I turned down dessert on both Saturday and Sunday, I drank way less than I wanted to and I filled up on Salad yesterday so I didn't eat too much yummy lasagne), but it sure is enough to put you in a bad mood. Couple that with my ridiculous tenant creating problems where they don't exist and rude customers and you have a foul mood.
I've booked myself into Spinning tonight to try and lift my mood and shed some of those 8 pounds. Happy Monday y'all!
Boooo! But, as you said yourself, it is not a "real" gain. The most likely culprit, given a hot weekend and some partaking of booze is fluid retention. So drink plenty (of water, not cider!!) and it will magically disappear again. I've started weighing myself daily, just purely out of interest, and it is amazing how much you can fluctuate from day to day with no apparent rhyme or reason.
ReplyDeleteHopefully your week will improve!
Sx
Mystified.
ReplyDeleteBoo to evil scales.
Px
Panic not - Seren's right. What you've listed doesn't sound unreasonable at all, so get with the water / sugar-free squash, and some nice veg today, and I'm sure it will melt away over the next couple of days. I do agree though that, even knowing it can't be "real", it's horrible seeing a gain like that on a Monday. Chin up, chick! x
ReplyDelete