Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Bluntness

Yesterday, a colleague (female) asked me over lunch "Are you planning to lose any weight before your wedding?"

Now in her defence, she is Austrian, so perhaps slightly more blunt than us Brits... but at what point would you presume that's a good thing to ask someone?!

Fortunately, I was able to laugh and tell her I had no firm plans (although I clearly do with the latest diet du jour) as I was pretty happy with myself and therefore didn't feel the need....

But Jeez Louise... how to make someone a little bit paranoid. Good job I am quite fond of myself or I'd have been sobbing over my Spinach.

3 comments:

  1. What a cheeky mare!

    I'm sure she didn't meant to be insulting but that's exactly what she was! The cheek of it!

    Good luck with Slimming World. I gave it a bash at the end of last year and while I'm not really following the plan any more I have retained a lot of the principles and it seems to be working for me. I always avoided green days though as I could go to town on carbs.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are just RUDE. How is that any of her business?

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's probably just jealous because A) she isn't getting married or B) she was stressing about her weight when she got married and thinks everyone else should. Hope the SW is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!