Monday, 20 June 2011

I survived

I am back from the week in Tenerife with the family and it went surprisingly well. 

The night before we flew off, Matt took me for a birthday dinner at Adam Simmonds. Being food lovers (a little bit too much of love going on there), we opted for the Tasting Menu since we had the 2 for 1 offer. The food was lovely and the hotel is set in gorgeous surroundings - a lovely start to our holiday. 



So back to Tenerife - surprisingly there were no major tantrums, no falling's out and only a little bit of moaning and the odd bit of tension. I'd love to say I feel completely relaxed, but that is not quite true. I've spent most of the week running around with my nieces, washing up after others and generally trying to keep everyone happy all of the time. Despite this, it was lovely - nice for my Mother to have us all in one place and lovely for me to spend time with the family since I only see them every few months. The weather was also amazing, it's somewhat depressing to be back to miserable English weather.





My eating hasn't been as bad as expected - but I am bound to have put on a fair few pounds due to excessive Vodka consumption and the odd pint of Lager and Lime. I can't say I was particularly familiar with Fruit and Veg over the last week or so either, so I am actually craving it this week. Back to basics.

I'm thinking I might bite the bullet and join Slimming World. I've been trying to go it alone since I gave up on WW and I've come to realise that I actually need the rigidity of a plan. I've 10 weeks til my next holiday (I know, I am never here...) and I would like to get at least a stone off by then. As much as I try and go it alone, I don't appear to have the willpower to stick to anything for more than a few days at a time. I am in danger of being the size of a Zeppelin before long.

Back to the gym this week too - I can't say that's something I am overly excited about, but needs must I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you had a good time.

    I'm always curious to hear about other plans, and a lot of people seem to rate SW quite highly, but then I suppose that all of these things works if you stick to them (and there's the rub!) Good luck with whatever you decide.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to *ahem* sunny england! Great to hear you had a good time chick, the pictures are lovely :)

    I'm curious too about SW, let us know please!

    Lex xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've had fun in te sun- am well jel (as TOWIE would say). A Rosemary Conley class has opened literally next door so I've defected from SW as I was getting sick of listening to the class blabbering on about food all the time. My hips don't know whats hit them after the aerobics yesterday but here goes!
    Let us know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!