Thank you all for your comments on my last post, you are all amazing as always. I'm actually now really looking forward to getting away and I shall let any form of bickering or high maintenance pass me by :) The weather for Tenerife looks amazing, so I am going to make the most of my week in the sun.
I've been a bit all over the place the last few days as work has been fairly mental, plus I had an Osteopath appointment and a visit to a friend to fit in, along with general household chores and getting ready for a holiday. Last night I managed to half blind myself with eyelash dye, wimp out of waxing after one application (I learnt it's not easy to back out once the wax is applied) and paint half of my toes as well as my toenails. I am not overly good at this girly stuff.
Food yesterday was a bit off. I had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, followed by a nectarine, for lunch I had left over Cheesy Vegetable bake (carrots, cabbage, onions, broccoli and jersey yoyals steamed and then baked in the oven with a low fat cheesy sauce made from skimmed milk and water, sauce flour and low fat cheese). By the time I got home from work, did a bit of housework, packed (unpacked and repacked x4) and did a bit of housework so we don't come home to a hovel, I couldn't be arsed to cook - so more Cheesy Vegetable Bake it was.
Do you see the issue here? Fruit and Veg overload... it doesn't agree with me (seriously not good for my tummy). Matt had been away with work so when he came back from the airport, he came with McDonalds. Lesson learnt - fruit and veg needs to be accompanied by something other than itself or you will eat crap late at night (cheeseburger and a few chicken nuggets). Harumph.
Tomorrow is my birthday (35 - yuck), so we are off for dinner tonight to some swanky Michelin Star place in Marlow. I have a Taste Card - which means we get a special 2for1 offer on this place and I am fairly sure they won't stay part of the scheme for long given they've just won their Star so it makes sense to get ourselves down there quick smart! I managed to get the card for £29 (code FRIEND if it still works) and I've already saved at least double that on 2 meals out. Oh I do love a bargain. I am starving myself today in preparation (ok, that's not strictly true....)
So, that's me I think for another week or so. I'm going to try and be sensible while we are away and a bit of exercise will feature, but obviously since I am holiday - well it'd be rude not to indulge in the odd cocktail :)
Have fun y'all
Happy Birthday and enjoy your holiday x
ReplyDeleteWishing you a fab birthday, hope you have a fab week away and you enjou it all xx
ReplyDelete