I still feel like I am eating quite a lot, but I guess due to my excessive girth, I get a lot of points. Even so, I had to email the lovely Emma last night to check I should be eating all of my daily points as I'm not used to this new Pro Points business. I have this extra 49 points a week which I guess will come in handy at weekends.
Breakfasts have either been cereal and fruit or toast with reduced fat butter and Marmite. Lunches have been massive salads with either Chicken or Tuna. followed by a packet of Wotsits and a Muller Light. Dinners so far have consisted of Lamb breast with dry roast potatoes and loads of Veg and gravy and Beef Chilli bulked up with yet more Veg and served with Basmati rice and low fat cheese. All bloody tasty stuff - I actually really don't feel deprived at all. Long may it continue.
Last night I went to the gym and had a 'Health MOT', I'm constantly being told by my Mother, that being so big is not healthy and really bad for me (she's a nurse and prone to preaching), so I wanted to get an idea of exactly how badly it was affecting me.
The answer - not at all really.
Results of my test
So yes - my BMI has me in the obese category. I think this surprises no one. I think it was around the 40 mark. Clearly not ideal - but to be honest, on the basis of the rest of the results, I am not stressing too much about that figure. I am working on bringing it down, so no major dramas.
My Cholesterol was 4.1 (less than 5 is considered healthy) which surprised me a little. For some reason, I reckoned this would be high as I'm fat. Clearly not the case.
My resting heart rate was 70 - for my age range, this falls into the 'Above Average' Category.
My Aerobic Fitness came out at 63 - strangely this has me as 'Elite'. The trainer actually did this test a couple of times as he couldn't believe the score. The fatter you are, the harder it is to achieve a good score on this one - so that's bloody good in my view. Clearly all of that PT has been paying off - the downside of this is that my trainer has now decided he can push me even harder than he has been as I am capable of it apparently.... Joy.

My blood pressure came out at 128/80 which is average. Again, I presumed this would be high as I'm fat.
My sugar levels came out at 3.7 - slightly low, but this was as I'd not eaten for 4 hours when the test was performed. Around 4 is average - so this is ok.
My hip to waist ratio was 0.72 - this is excellent apparently. One benefit of all of my weight being on my hips and thighs is that it is less dangerous (so to speak) than having it all around my tummy.
So overall - my health score came out at 85. For my age range, this puts me in the top 20% of people (surveyed since these tests began) in terms of overall health. I really can't complain at that. If I get to 86, I'm in the top 10% - that's definitely something to work towards.

To put this into comparison - a friend of mine who has done no exercise for months and has been following an Atkins style diet came out at 72 - which is top 50%. Despite her being a lot smaller and thinner than me, my scores had me healthier.
I was pretty spurred on by these results. I hadn't planned on doing a workout last night as I was feeling pretty knackered, but I ended up doing 25 minutes on the treadmill and some weights.
I know this test is not the be all and end all, but it's definitely made me feel a lot better about myself and my actual health and given me a renewed enthusiasm for the gym. PT tomorrow - bring it on.
Ha! Congratulations! And perhaps you start needing to mention the much more dangerous fat-on-the-inside thing to your mum. Ie people who look slim but because of their lifesyles are not healthy.
ReplyDeletePx
I second Peridot- people are so quick to judge nowadays, go Linz!
ReplyDeleteFabulous, well done you! Your results are fantastic and prove how hard you're working at the gym. Good luck with WW and if you need any help with anything, gimme a shout x
ReplyDeleteThat's fantastic! My mother also nags me about my weight (so helpful!) for the same reasons so I feel a bit of vicarious vindication. Not that I am necessarily as healthy as you, but glad that you've shown the stereotype isn't always true.
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing results - that's fantastic and, as the others say, goes to show that the boring stereotypes are not true.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying WW, and hopefully you'll get a good result at the scales.
Sx
Yaaay! Go you. It is so easy just to point at the flab and blame it for everything. Clearly in your case you are pretty healthy underneath so are making this effort to gild the lily, keep the healthiness going and to make YOU feel happier about yourself.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up chuck.
Lesley x