Monday, 6 February 2012

Food heaven

I think one of my biggest reasons for struggling with my weight is that I bloody love food. I love eating out, trying new places, visiting Farmers Markets and experimenting with new tastes and flavours...

So this, for the foodie in me, is an absolute delight. Larder Box. This was an inspired Christmas Present - a box sent through the post monthly containing goodies from the online Farmers Market - LoveyourLarder.com.


This month, I received:

  • Dark Chocolate Powder. Sounds like it would be amazing in a Chilli or with some Skimmed milk for a late night treat.
  • Joe & Sephs Salted Caramel Popcorn. I have tried this before and it is divine... Popcorn has to be better for me than crisps - right?
  • Sheffield Honey - Who knew Sheffield was famous for it's bee's?
  • Pukka Dukka - A Middle Easter blend of nuts and spices. Sounds gorgeous.
  • Blackberry Vinegar - sounds amazing. They suggest adding to a stew for an autumnal flavour - I imagine this will also be delicious on a salad.
  • A packet of seeds - Thyme. I shall be planting these around March (as instructed) on my kitchen windowsill. 
I also received a reusable cotton bag and a comprehensive guide to all the products. This is a lovely box - a 6 month subscription works out at £99 - so it's not cheap, but it's a lovely way to try new products and I think would make a great gift for any foodie's. I guess if you bought all of these products it'd cost you more than  the £16 a month that works out at.

The struggling with my weight side of me is worried.... Is this a step too far for me every month??

3 comments:

  1. Cool blog i love reading it but i think thats an awful lot of money when u could try twice that many new things at a local farm or chinese supermarket etc do u live near to one? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya - yeah, it is pricey, but it was a Christmas present which was quite nice to receive - I'm not sure I'd buy it for myself again, but it's quite a nice gift. We don't have a local farm near us, but there is a Chinese Supermarket which I hadn't thought of! Good thinking :) x

      Delete
  2. What a great present! It sounds like there's a variety of stuff that's diet friendly and just the odd treat. I looove dukka. Try it on boiled eggs. Or coat some fish with it and bake it.

    Maybe if there's something you think is too dangerous, you could take it into work or give it away?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!