Monday, 26 March 2012

the best laid plans

Happy Monday y'all. Another lovely day chez Linzerello, almost takes the edge off a Monday morning.

This week has not been as focussed as I'd like. I've been stupidly busy, which makes me take my eye off the ball a little bit. Everything has been pointed and I've ended up having to use a few of my activity points, which I really don't want to do. 

So the plan didn't quite go according to plan. I ended up missing the gym on Wednesday as I had to work late. Thursday went ok points wise but no exercise as I was visiting a friend, thankfully she'd made vegetable curry so that was healthy, but I succumbed to a little bit of Sticky Toffee pudding which wiped out 9 points (seriously 2 spoonfuls - eek). Friday, again, didn't make the gym as I got there and discovered my gym pants had a massive hole in the backside, seriously not a good look. Thought I'd go for a swim instead, but there was a children's swimming lesson on, so I took that as a sign that I should just go home and drink wine instead. The small consolation that I pointed the wine isn't really anything to be proud of.

Friday night's wine meant Saturday morning's gym session was really difficult. Exercise on an empty stomach and somewhat dehydrated is tough, I almost threw up on the cross trainer and had to stop after 25 minutes and a few strength exercises. That afternoon, I went for a walk along  the river in Henley with my friend and her baby while Matt and her other half played golf, so that was something I guess. 


Saturday night involved Chinese and Wine with friends, I ate a lot less than the other two ladies, but drank (more than) my fair share of the wine, saw the clock change from 1259 to 0200 and woke up at 0600 to the sound of my friends children shouting. Ouch.

Yesterday was another busy day, I drove home from my friends via the car valet (managed to completely flash the valet men who must have thought I was a right dirty stop out), came home, woke Matt up (lazy arse) cooked brunch, did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, showered, collected a friend from home from the train station, went baby visiting, went to the pub to enjoy the sunshine (diet cokes for me) and then for dinner at a local Italian, came home, tidied up and made up the spare bed for my friend and then went to bed. Phew.

Today, food is planned and seems to leave me with 20 points to spare. I know WW doesn't work like this, but if I don't need those extra points, I am not going to force myself to use them to try and make up for some of my excessive use of points over the last few days.

PT tonight will be bloody hard work on account of my feeble attempts at exercise since my last session. Really not sure what the scales will show me tomorrow, but we'll not stress too much. I'm still trying and that's half the battle!

I don't have much on this week other than dinner with a couple of girlfriends on Wednesday, so hopefully I will have a much better week. 

2 comments:

  1. I've had some good losses when I've dipped into activity points, so don't think you've got too much to worry about. Your weekend sounds fabulous, by the way - I don't think I could manage to stay up until past midnight anymore, I'm usually tucked up by then :-))

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet that sticky toffee pudding was nice even if it was worth 9pp!

    You're still doing brill Linz, you're making positive choices and tracking which is great.

    Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!