Excuse the photo heavy post - but I need to document this so I can remember in future that it can be done!
I had a lovely time in Cyprus, the weather was a bit iffy on some days, but we went exploring so it wasn't too much of a trauma. We were staying in Limassol but went to Paphos, Nicosia, Famagusta, Ayia Napa (totally dead at this time of year) and a few other little villages near by. I feel like I've done Cyprus now!
Our hotel was amazing, and they upgraded us to a suite, how fancy?! This made a massive difference on the days when the weather was bad, we could spend time in the room reading or watching films and it didn't feel like we were too confined.
I definitely feel relaxed, I read 7 books while we were away, slept a lot and generally just forgot all about work (until my boss texted me on Friday, but we'll brush over that). Back to earth with a bang today with a 530am start. Ooooof.
I have been so amazingly restrained (for me) whilst away. I went to the gym 4 times and really worked hard on each occasion. This is unheard of, I normally actively seek to avoid any form of exercise when I am away. I actually started to feel guilty on the days I didn't go. I swapped Wine for Vodka & Diet Coke mostly, had 3 dry days, I only ate lunch 3 times in 10 days and I photographed and pointed every single thing that passed my lips.... here's the proof!
Day one - Fresh Fruit and Yoghurt, Bacon, Poached Egg and Veggies
Grilled Sea Bream and Greek Salad
Chinese!
Day two & three
Toasted Brown bread with beans and cheese and a slice of ham
Sunday Roast (don't ask)
Toast Fried Egg, Mushrooms and Cheese
Kleftiko with Jacket Spud and Greek Salad (the chips were Matt's!)
Day four
Slice of toast with Jam, 2 more slices of toast with tomatoes and cheese
Burger and Chips - bloody lovely!
Various breakfast options.
Day five
Cappucino
Salted Popcorn
Slice of bread with tapenade
Ravioli with Veal and roasted Veg
Day six (not the healthiest)
Tomatoes on toast with cheese
Afternoon tea
Lamb Curry
Day seven
Beans and Cheese on toast
Fruit
Parmesan chicken with spinach and roasted Veg
Day Eight (not the best day)
Halloumi, Tomatoes and Mushrooms
Handful of Matt's Curly Fries
Free cheese, ham and carrots with drinks
2 pieces of KFC chicken!
Day nine
Toasted Bacon Sandwich and mushrooms
Cheese & Onion toastie
Meat Mezze
Finally
Beans and cheese on toast, Halloumi, tomatoes and poached egg
Lunch at the airport lounge - Mini Pittas, Chicken Nuggets and Pizza (which I left)
Dinner on the plane - mixed savoury starters
Lamb and potatoes and veg - left the cheesecake and some of the cheese
The scales show me 1lb up today, I will take that as yesterday probably wasn't the best of days food wise since we ate at the airport and on the plane mainly. I've got until tomorrow night to claw that back, plus PT tonight so here's hoping.
Some more photos to bore you to death :)
The view from the hotel - how amazing?
Me in a red dress :)
The view from the breakfast table every day.
So, whatever happens with the scales tomorrow, I know I did everything I could to try and mitigate any major gain and it wasn't actually too hard. Yes, I had a couple of dodgy days, but I tracked them and didn't actually go over points. It really showed me that I can get totally carried away when away with that F*** it mentality and to be honest, I didn't feel like I missed out on anything. Granted, my first trip to the gym was a major mental stumbling block, but once I was there, it was fine and I felt 100 times better for going.
Hopefully PT tonight won't kill me and the scales will be kind tomorrow. Wish me luck!
oh memories! i went to limassol when i was a kid. cyorus is gorgeous! wish i could have appreciated it more when i was there.. ^^ hopefully can go someday again. glad u had a nice holiday! love the red dress by the way! ^^d MMxoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks, it was lovely. The dress is my current fave :) x
Delete*cyprus even ^^v MMxoxo
ReplyDeleteYay! I love your food pic entries!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an amazing trip and also sounds like you did a sterling job food and exercise wise, so hope them scales are kind.
Sx
PS I now REALLY fancy some halloumi.....
I think I had Halloumi every day! I hope the scales are kind but at least I know I tried if not! X
DeleteFantastic achievement Linz, you were really well behaved! I gained 9lb after my 7 days in Cyprus in the summer so take my hat off to you, it's tough when you're away but you've done incredibly well!
ReplyDeleteMy heart lies in Cyprus, would live there if I could.
Love your pics and not jealous at all, honest! ;) x
Fingers crossed I didn't do too much damage, it's quite hard to stay focused definitely!
DeleteCyprus was lovely, quite sad to be back! X
Good luck for the WI and I enjoyed your pics (although they made me hungry!).
ReplyDeleteYou area absurdly photogenic - good news for the wedding pics!
Px