Monday, 5 March 2012

It happened....

It's been a busy few days Chez Linzerello since my last post.

The weekend was lovely, I flew home (i.e. to my parents in Durham) very early on Friday morning, so was up at 0445. I'd checked my WW eating out guide, so I knew what I was going to have from Pret rather than risk the sandwich on the plane. A Pret Ham, Cheese and Bacon Croissant is 10 PP and when you get 46 to play with, well that's not too bad. Better than some of the other options that I'd have thought would be more healthy.

I managed to jam the seatbelt shut on the way up, so no major drama's there. Kept control all of Friday with my food, Salad for lunch and Chicken with Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato for dinner. I also managed a few Vodka and Diet Cokes that night in Durham, all within my daily points and came home and didn't eat a thing despite every one else tucking into chips and kebabs. Happy days.

Saturday morning, I declined the offer of a full English, in favour of a bacon sandwich. Shared a portion of chips at lunch time with my sister (and had about 1/4 of her fish) and managed to circumnavigate the buffet at my Mother's on Saturday night, with a few more Vodka and diet Cokes and only used about 10 extra points from my Weeklies. It was all going so well.

Then yesterday, I spent the day looking after my nieces. I adore them, but bloody hell, childcare is hard work. They spent the night with me (in my bed so I had no sleep) and then were up at the crack of dawn demanding pancakes for Breakfast. No drama, I can have a pancake from my daily points. So far so good. We spent the entire day doing stuff, Bathing them and washing hair (traumas - they both have a LOT of hair) Baking, Painting, Drawing, Reading, Playing games on the iPad, Playing Jenga, Helping my little sister make my wedding bouquet (more on that in another post), Doing homework, talking the dogs for a walk - you get the picture. Since when could you not just stick the TV on and let that do the entertaining??

I didn't actually eat a 'proper' meal after breakfast, but I tracked every single thing that passed my lips during the course of yesterday and it really shows how all the little nibbles and mindless mouthfuls, add up. I managed to use all of my daily points and the rest of my weeklies and it was pretty much all on crap.

Breakfast - Pancake fried in a teaspoon of oil (8PP)
Mid Morning - a few bites of Chicken and Mushroom Pie that was left from the buffet (4PP) 1/2 a bag of Mini Cheddars left by my niece (2PP)
Lunch - 3 mini cheeseburgers not eaten by my nieces, a bag of space raiders and a spoonful of Chocolate Philadelphia (15PP)
Dinner - A large Pork chop and 2 roast potatoes, various Veg (I'd told my mother not to cook for me so this was just stuff leftover that I picked at), 3 meatballs left by my nieces (26PP)
At the airport - 2 shortbread biscuits (6PP)

What a load of rubbish and totally mindless eating. It's not such a massive trauma, as I've not gone over my points, but it's annoying me a little bit as I was hoping to try and have a very good week without needing to use all of my weeklies and stay focussed. If nothing else, it's totally made me more aware of the crap that I can consume when my eye is off the ball.

And then it happened.... my worst nightmare. I got on the plane to come home, the seat felt tiny, the arms were totally rigid and I knew I was going to struggle to fasten the seatbelt. Plus, the plane was totally full, so I couldn't spend my usual 10 minutes trying to manoeuvre myself into the best position to get the seatbelt done up.

I had to ask for an extension. I spent a good 5 minutes talking myself into asking, I was in danger of elbowing the bloke sat next to me a few times as I struggled to try and get the sodding seatbelt done up. The stewardess didn't bat an eyelid, she as fairly discreet, but there is no getting away from the fact that the extensions are bright orange. It's like a neon sign saying "look at the fatty". However, as horrifying as it was to have to ask, it was actually also a bit of a relief not to have to sit completely pinned to the seat. At least I know I am trying to do something about it, I guess. I seriously hope I don't have to repeat the experience.

It's made me all the more determined to get a good loss tomorrow night. Despite yesterday's blip, I'm still on track. I've a couple of weekly points left over and I'll have gained about 38 activity points by tomorrow (PT is ideal for that!) which I've not touched. I really hope the scales are kind.

Fingers crossed....


3 comments:

  1. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed! You should be fine - and nothing wrong with using your weeklies, that's what they are there for. I know what you mean about little bits and pieces racking up the points - for me it's staying vigilant with stuff like butter and mayo as it's scary how much they can add to a meal,

    Anyway, well done for successfully negotiating the weekend.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's mad how the little things really do add up once you've noted them all down. You don't think they add up but they really do!

    Good luck for weigh in, i'm sure you'll have done well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the tracking - that is key because you will not always be having busy, difficult diet weekends. I find accountability tricky so will try and take a leaf from your book.

    Good luck with your weigh-in and keep at it!!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!