Wednesday, 12 May 2010

And the scales say....

2lbs on. What a relief. Although any gain is not good, quite frankly, given I was an absolute pig for the best part of 2 weeks, I think I got off lightly. So back to basics for me. I did some shopping last night and the fridge is stocked with healthy, fresh food. I need to get back into the habit of cooking from scratch so I know exactly what I am putting in my mouth. This year has been a diet disaster. I've now lost a sum total of 3 pounds. Useless.

I also need to sort out the exercise demons currenly filling my head. We've decided to change gyms, but the ever helpful David Lloyd require 3 months notice, so we are stuck until September. I need to try some new classes and hopefully that will renew my enthusiasm... here's hoping. If we ever get a summer, I want to play more tennis and am even thinking of investing in a bike. One step at a time though. It's exhausting me just thinking about it.

Today hasn't been the best so far, we've had visitors at the office so we had a team lunch which meant a trip to an all you can eat chinese buffet. I should have just said no and stuck to the salad I brought with me, but I didn't. No overly clever. I didn't actually have too much and stuck to mainly Veg but now I feel fairly bloated. Ah well, I'll just have to had said salad for dinner. Simples.

Right then, coffee is required. Still a bit jet lagged which would probably be more helped by exercise than caffeine but like I say, one step at a time :)

Oh and thanks for the comments on the photos I posted yesterday. Beakerella, you really made me smile, so thank you - the dress is from Dorothy Perkins about a month ago.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention- I speak as I find :-). Good news on the 2lb, a pesky nothing it'll be off in no time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!